• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Mary Case, who lives across the street from Outlaws Indianapolis clubhouse, said she saw FBI agents there about 7:30 a.m.
    She said the people at Outlaws Indianapolis usually watch over the neighborhood.
    "In my eyes, they're good people. They keep this part of this neighborhood safe," said Case, who has been living near Jefferson Avenue and New York Street for more than a year. "I feel safe within this vicinity due to them being here. They don't bother nobody."

I'm thinking that Mary would have made a good little Nazi, i.e. "We didn't know what was going on inside the camp!" We felt safe with all the soldiers stationed here.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    That invites thoughts I really don't want to think about.

Seriously, the most disturbing thing in the linked article was the neighbor's comments on the group, particularly that she looked to these people for security and stability in the neighborhood.

Mary Case, who lives across the street from Outlaws Indianapolis clubhouse, said she saw FBI agents there about 7:30 a.m.
    She said the people at Outlaws Indianapolis usually watch over the neighborhood.
    "In my eyes, they're good people. They keep this part of this neighborhood safe," said Case, who has been living near Jefferson Avenue and New York Street for more than a year. "I feel safe within this vicinity due to them being here. They don't bother nobody."

I'm thinking that Mary would have made a good little Nazi, i.e. "We didn't know what was going on inside the camp!" We felt safe with all the soldiers stationed here.

When the police can't or won't protect one's neighborhood, people will latch upon anyone that offer the service. Why do you think the mafia, in part, [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is so successful around the world?

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    That invites thoughts I really don't want to think about.

Seriously, the most disturbing thing in the linked article was the neighbor's comments on the group, particularly that she looked to these people for security and stability in the neighborhood.

Not too surprising. My father-in-law grew up in a mafia controlled area of New Jersey and he said the same thing about his old neighborhood. They kept the other criminals run out and since they had a "don't crap where you eat" mentality it was a pretty safe area. Of course that's a narrow view of the world.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Not too surprising. My father-in-law grew up in a mafia controlled area of New Jersey and he said the same thing about his old neighborhood. They kept the other criminals run out and since they had a "don't crap where you eat" mentality it was a pretty safe area. Of course that's a narrow view of the world.

^^^^

I've known a handful of HA and some smaller clubs. They either make arrangements with street gangs or run them out of the area. They live a different lifestyle but from the guys I've known, treat them with respect and they do the same.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

:yesway:

:D

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN

Is that from the school of thought of, "If you can't beat them, join them."?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Should be business as usual. Might want to scale back a little on the potato salad but it will be business as usual.

Crap, looked like there was going to be some membership openings but I ride a BMW.

I have a bad disposition and I "had" a Buell, is that close enough?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone know if the Outlaws picnic is still on for this Saturday? It's just that I already made all the sandwiches...

According to the warrant, in addition to 70 pages of charges, they also mention that they have seized all Outlaws property at two locations in Indy. I doubt if they will have picnics there. The property in Ft Wayne has been boarded up and secured. The FBI (or other agency) removed all signs and markings from the building. The tent is still half up, but I don't think too many Outlaws will be attending.

What kind of sammiches did you fix? You might be able to have them delivered to the lock-up.

Edit: I only live 3 blocks away and in spite of their (alleged) criminal activities, the guys were good neighbors. As others have said, they took care of problems in the neighborhood and watched out for folks in this area.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Crap, looked like there was going to be some membership openings but I ride a BMW.

I have a bad disposition and I "had" a Buell, is that close enough?

If your riding leathers include only your leather thong, they might see that you mean business. This could possibly make them reconsider the American motorcycle requirements.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When the police can't or won't protect one's neighborhood, people will latch upon anyone that offer the service. Why do you think the mafia, in part, [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is so successful around the world?
    People who don't take an active role in keeping their neighborhood safe, don't get any sympathy from me. I sure wouldn't turn to criminals for comfort and security. I think that people like Mary are probably grandstanding because they are afraid of the gang. Mary probably doesn't believe in guns either, except maybe in the hands of criminals.:rolleyes:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    ^^^^

I've known a handful of HA and some smaller clubs. They either make arrangements with street gangs or run them out of the area. They live a different lifestyle but from the guys I've known, treat them with respect and they do the same.
    So you think that the HA, Outlaws, etc. should just be left alone to live their alternate life style?

Top Bottom