• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Yeah I didn't do the online squadding either. I was afraid of getting the brass rat squad again like the last time you were there. :D
    The online squadding is fine but the one they are using doesn't let you squad later if you don't squad when you sign up. At least I didn't see a way.
    I will try to get there a little early and tell them we have several coming and to hold some spots.

Cool Thanks Paul. See you Saturday.

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    Paul,
    I'm going to come down Sat., so if you could add me to your list of "holds", I'd appreciate it. I assume if I make it there by 10 Eastern, I'd be ok, time-wise. Any issues with the drive (detours, etc)? I've not made it before.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    No problem Jeff.
    10 will be plenty early.
    No detours or road problems that I know of. Wasn't any last month anyway.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I will be there and would like to squad with you guys if there is enough room

For what it is worth, just show up and shoot has worked well for me at Riley & Silvercreek & SCGC, you meet a lot of good folks that way.

Have been a flocker at Owensboro because that is sort of a local yokel thing, but it is pretty much the same group of shooters overall so I think the just show up plan ought to work out well there too if it looks like there might be a snag with the flocking.

Nobody bites, but if you get on Coach's squad at Riley you might hear occasional growling, I think it adds to the ambience .

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    For what it is worth, just show up and shoot has worked well for me at Riley & Silvercreek & SCGC, you meet a lot of good folks that way.

Have been a flocker at Owensboro because that is sort of a local yokel thing, but it is pretty much the same group of shooters overall so I think the just show up plan ought to work out well there too if it looks like there might be a snag with the flocking.

I'm afraid I would disappoint my fellow shooters if I didn't take a minute to point out the IRONY of Jeff's post.:evilangel:
    The local yokel flocking failed miserably today. 60 shooters = 10 per squad or so right?
    Our squad had 9 and 1 squad had 6 or 7(poor guys it is not fun with that many on a squad).
    While the local yokel squad had 16 shooters:ugh:
    Have to give them credit as they didn't seem to hold up the match behind them to much but as you said in your post you all need to spread the love around some.
    :stickpoke:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I'm afraid I would disappoint my fellow shooters if I didn't take a minute to point out the IRONY of Jeff's post.:evilangel:
    The local yokel flocking failed miserably today. 60 shooters = 10 per squad or so right?
    Our squad had 9 and 1 squad had 6 or 7(poor guys it is not fun with that many on a squad).
    Have to give them credit as they didn't seem to hold up the match behind them to much but as you said in your post you all need to spread the love around some.
    Yes really SUPRISED that the Squads did not back up. Always good stages at ORPC.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Yea, back in the good old days of paper you just eyeballed the lists & this kind of stuff never did happen.

Good point!!

Top Bottom