• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    My first handgun, and hopefully many more to come! Must I really post pictures? I don't think it's necessary, unless you really want to hassle me. I think we all have seen a NIB Glock. Hopefully tomorrow, if not this week sometime I can put the first round through it. What else is there to say? I still can't believe I have my first handgun! Just patiently waiting to carry. Should have went with L-1. Next stop, safety class!

Thanks to all again!

Gulley

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Congratulations on your first handgun! Make sure you put several hundred rounds through it, and at least a hundred problem free rounds of the load you wish to carry in it before you carry.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Congratulations on your first handgun! Make sure you put several hundred rounds through it, and at least a hundred problem free rounds of the load you wish to carry in it before you carry.

Thanks, though I hope your not telling me this because it needs to be "broken in". Glock's don't have a break in period.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Congrats, I have a G26 and CC, OC almost everywhere. You will definiely enjoy shooting this gun, feels great when firing. It's best to go the range and fire the rounds you plan on using when carrying, that way you will know what to expect if you need it.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Congrats, I have a G26 and CC, OC almost everywhere. You will definiely enjoy shooting this gun, feels great when firing. It's best to go the range and fire the rounds you plan on using when carrying, that way you will know what to expect if you need it.

Yes sir! I plan to use 115 gr. for both FMJ and HP rounds. Keeping it simple and most importantly consistent between range and carry., no +P +P+. I'm a new shooter, so I don't need a hand cannon until I'm more experienced. I feel very confident in my 115 gr. Hornady Crit. Defense.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Excellent choice, reliable out of the box and one of the most trouble-free handguns you can get. This is one you will be able to enjoy for years to come. :D

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Yes sir! I plan to use 115 gr. for both FMJ and HP rounds. Keeping it simple and most importantly consistent between range and carry., no +P +P+. I'm a new shooter, so I don't need a hand cannon until I'm more experienced. I feel very confident in my 115 gr. Hornady Crit. Defense.

why not 124g?

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    why not 124g?

Why not 145 gr.? Does it really matter? I don't see what the big deal is...
    Maybe after a few months of shooting and being more comfortable with a handgun I'll bump it up. Though I'm just glad I have a handgun. I'm no longer a sheep or someone not exercising their 2ed right. I'm doing what I feel I'll be most proficient at. When I feel I'm ready for all of that +P+ junk then I'll do so.

Thank-you.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Thanks, though I hope your not telling me this because it needs to be "broken in". Glock's don't have a break in period.

I'll always shoot a gun a few hundred times before I will use it for EDC. Glock or not it still has to earn my trust.
    When you have to use it to defend yourself that's not a good time to find out about a factory recall, ammo problems, your limp wristing it, etc.

Good choice btw. I have several glock myself and carry a G30.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I'll always shoot a gun a few hundred times before I will use it for EDC. Glock or not it still has to earn my trust.
    When you have to use it to defend yourself that's not a good time to find out about a factory recall, ammo problems, your limp wristing it, etc.

Good choice btw. I have several glock myself and carry a G30.

Good point. Like I said, I'm still waiting on LTCH. I believe I still have at most another 4 weeks. So I figure it'll be used quite a bit before it comes in the mail.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Congrats on your new purchase! I was just as excited when I picked my first handgun, a s&w sd9, that is, until I shot it. Never shot right, traded for a Kahr and am finally happy. Anyways, what made you pick this particular model? Any interest in a full size, or....? Just curious, everyone has their own style :bacondance:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Good point. Like I said, I'm still waiting on LTCH. I believe I still have at most another 4 weeks. So I figure it'll be used quite a bit before it comes in the mail.

I used to carry a Smith and Wesson 645. I shot it only a few times and started carrying it as my edc. A few months later I decided to take it out and do some real shooting with it. That was when I found out it wasn't accurate and had feed problems. If I would had to use it to defend or save my life, who knows what would have happen. It was very unreliable. I don't think all 645's are like that. IMO I had a lemon. Buy something good did come out of all that. I brought my first Glock for edc, G21C. I still have it and it's never failed me.

Now I always shoot, shoot and shoot some more before I give a gun my trust.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Congrats on your new purchase! I was just as excited when I picked my first handgun, a s&w sd9, that is, until I shot it. Never shot right, traded for a Kahr and am finally happy. Anyways, what made you pick this particular model? Any interest in a full size, or....? Just curious, everyone has their own style :bacondance:

I wanted something that would be a breeze to CC IWB for my first handgun. I liked how I could put G-17 and G-19 mags. in the G-26 if I choose to. The G-26 was love at first sight. I choose the 9mm caliber because I'm a new shooter and I believe it's where I should start, I can always go up to a bigger caliber.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Why not 145 gr.? Does it really matter? I don't see what the big deal is...
    Maybe after a few months of shooting and being more comfortable with a handgun I'll bump it up. Though I'm just glad I have a handgun. I'm no longer a sheep or someone not exercising their 2ed right. I'm doing what I feel I'll be most proficient at. When I feel I'm ready for all of that +P+ junk then I'll do so.

Thank-you.

Yes, it does matter.

When youd like to educate yourself instead of shooting down things you dont know anything about, post up! Congrats on the purchase!

Top Bottom