• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    “There’s no law that says we can’t teach people to shoot at 800 yards, but it’s simply too dangerous to make someone lethal at that distance,” said Daniel McLean, a Panther Ridge instructor. He added: “It’s an ethical thing.”

This was a quote from an article in the Times Mail newspaper today. I'm not sure I can copy and paste the article from their website but I am kind of shocked that a veteran owed training company would say something like this...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    yyyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh... no. This is up there with "no civilian NEEDS the MP7" crap from Recoil... Idiocy for the warm and fuzzy crowd. Don't let anything "veteran owned" or "veteran" sway you... I've actually met a suprising amount of vets that were anti-gun or anti-first amendment. They were mostly truck drivers, logistics or similar... :(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So is he calling the gun schools that do teach 800 yard shooting unethical?

What about graduates of gun schools that have taken classes in 800 yard shooting? Are these graduates unethical?

What about participants that compete in long range shooting? Are they unethical?

What unethical incidents have occured at 800 yards?

What standard of ethics is he citing? Could he please post it for us to review?

If one has served his nation by shooting at 800 yards is this person unethical for the rest of his days?

What does the range matter if one does something unethical? 8 yards, 80 yards, 800 yards, what does it matter?

Every Murder I've had has been inside conversational range. I cannot wait for an explanation over this quotation.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    We should all boycott Hillside Shooting Range for being such an unethical place of business, letting people learn to shoot out to 1000 yds. I am making up pickett signs right now!!:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If people are unethical at a certain range, then is it ethical to make any money off training people to use firearms at any range?

If unethical in a part is not all of it unethical?

Please discuss.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you are unethical at 801 yards, you are unethical at 799 yards.
    If you are unethical then you are unethical period.

I agree with your previous point that if we were to follow the same logic then what would be the difference in training anyone for anything if there is a chance that they may use it for unethical purposes?

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is disturbing to me. I had considered joining this facility due to the fact of the longer distance and you can basically do combat type scenarios on the shorter ranges. After reading that I am glad I postponed...

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I sent them a msg on Facebook, will be curious to see the response.
    It will probably look something like the one I got from them in November 2011 when I commented on how unsafe and unprofessional the videos they posted on their facebook page were.
    Panther Ridge Jerimiah Barthold said:
    Stop posting what you think your style of training is. I was training this guy for 3 gun shoots. Some one with experience would recognize what was happening. It's about getting rounds off down range, and I am very familiar with the 4 fundamentals. After 6 tours abroud I know exactly what I am training on. This is a business website and what you post is extrememly unprofessional. Do yourself a favor and come get some training before you write another posting that makes you look like someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Feel free to call if you have any questions. Happy holidays!
    I am a Veteran too, and I have taken training classes OUTSIDE of the crappy military training that we are given. I'm not sure if the videos are on the page still, but the 3 gun video he is talking about had a guy with an AR flag the camera man, fumble 2 pistol reloads and then do really well on shotgun reloads. There was another video that showed a guy shooting an AK from the hip at a keg and I commented that that didn't seem like "training." After this response I will never be visiting their range and I try to steer people away from them.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It will probably look something like the one I got from them in November 2011 when I commented on how unsafe and unprofessional the videos they posted on their facebook page were.

I am a Veteran too, and I have taken training classes OUTSIDE of the crappy military training that we are given. I'm not sure if the videos are on the page still, but the 3 gun video he is talking about had a guy with an AR flag the camera man, fumble 2 pistol reloads and then do really well on shotgun reloads. There was another video that showed a guy shooting an AK from the hip at a keg and I commented that that didn't seem like "training." After this response I will never be visiting their range and I try to steer people away from them.

Glad to hear it, I have some co-workers in the area thinking about joining, I'll pass this along as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom