• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I would think this constitutes child abuse. Im all for letting kids be who/what they want to be, but there are some things you just shouldn't do. Their concept of schooling for example....

10:1 these people are anti-gun and don't see the problem with raising their kids to feel the same way.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I would think this constitutes child abuse. Im all for letting kids be who/what they want to be, but there are some things you just shouldn't do. Their concept of schooling for example....

10:1 these people are anti-gun and don't see the problem with raising their kids to feel the same way.

I have no problem with their concept of schooling. I am a fan of "unschooling" myself. Human beings have a natural tendency to learn, and with a little guidance and facilitation children will learn a boatload because they want to. I think you can learn a lot more "playing" than you can sitting at a desk having someone talk at you.

I very much disagree with their "no gender" thing. Children seem to crave defined role models. Just look at all of the children who don't have positive father figures who turn to gang life.

It is too bad that the parents think that they are doing their children a favor by totally erasing any definition of gender identity.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I really don't get it. Even if you do not have religious belief about how a child should be raised and the difference between male and female. How can you ignore that there are clearly defined roles for males and females in just about every life form.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have no problem with their concept of schooling. I am a fan of "unschooling" myself. Human beings have a natural tendency to learn, and with a little guidance and facilitation children will learn a boatload because they want to. I think you can learn a lot more "playing" than you can sitting at a desk having someone talk at you.

I very much disagree with their "no gender" thing. Children seem to crave defined role models. Just look at all of the children who don't have positive father figures who turn to gang life.

It is too bad that the parents think that they are doing their children a favor by totally erasing any definition of gender identity.

What do you learn by playing?

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I don't see the big secret. Storm is obviously a girl's name.

xmen3.jpg

As for the questions of what clothes the parents are going to dress the child in, I think the name answers that question as well. Reference picture above.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I really don't get it. Even if you do not have religious belief about how a child should be raised and the difference between male and female. How can you ignore that there are clearly defined roles for males and females in just about every life form.

Risking calling you sexist, what do you mean roles? Their are plenty of single parents on this board that play both "roles" as mother and father and do it quite well. I think we all have responsibilities that we must take care of not roles to play, thats for plays and perverts.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    What do you learn by playing?

Personally, I learned a lot of vocabulary by playing rpg video games and reading books of my choosing. I also learned gun safety while shooting guns! :D

I put "playing" in quotes though, because I meant learning in a way that is enjoyable or learning about things that interest the child. I think it is much easier to do that in an "unschooling" or home education setting than in a classroom. I think parents must be involved and guiding the child, and I don't think everything learned is going to be done in a fun manner.

I guess I should have clarified that I just don't mean watching tv or jumping on a trampoline, although I think you could turn those into learning moments. Good time for physics!

I also must state that I enjoy learning, so through my own bias I may be assuming too much in thinking that others also enjoy it enough to self motivate.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    OT - Thanks for the PM everyone. However, I haven't had my 50 posts yet - so I'm not ignoring anyone. Just can't reply!!

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting

Religion has nothing to do with it. If I pray and to who/how doesn't determine if I have a "hoo-hoo" or a "ding-dong". My dad determined that one night long ago. Religion my have certain "roles" that each gender are supposed to fill, but that can be overcome by upbringing.

Risking calling you sexist, what do you mean roles? Their are plenty of single parents on this board that play both "roles" as mother and father and do it quite well. I think we all have responsibilities that we must take care of not roles to play, thats for plays and perverts.

For me this is less an issue of roles (any woman here has already overcome at least 2 stereo types) and more about identity. One can know who they are without giving in to social stereo types. And gender can be "fun".

Top Bottom