• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ah damn there's lots of naked guys you cops see.

This is too true. I've seen way more nudity on this job than I would ever have imagined, and with rare exception it's always someone you'd pay to put their clothes back on. My last incident on the street involving such shenanigans was a drunk in a grocery store doing his Donald Duck impression. Shirt, no pants.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

This is too true. I've seen way more nudity on this job than I would ever have imagined, and with rare exception it's always someone you'd pay to put their clothes back on. My last incident on the street involving such shenanigans was a drunk in a grocery store doing his Donald Duck impression. Shirt, no pants.
    lol!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You guys do paper rock scissors on who has to touch him? Or pull rank? Lol

Usually there's a primary officer and an assisting officer. I don't know how they decide who is who now that they went to zones, but when you had an actual beat then if it was your beat you were primary. Primary = you own it. Usually it's not that big a deal, though. It's just one more part of the job.

There are exceptions, like the fat naked teen who dropped acid at Panda Express and ran naked up Emerson Ave. He managed to poo on himself, get himself nice and bloody and was something of a mess. He was...memorable.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Usually there's a primary officer and an assisting officer. I don't know how they decide who is who now that they went to zones, but when you had an actual beat then if it was your beat you were primary. Primary = you own it. Usually it's not that big a deal, though. It's just one more part of the job.

There are exceptions, like the fat naked teen who dropped acid at Panda Express and ran naked up Emerson Ave. He managed to poo on himself, get himself nice and bloody and was something of a mess. He was...memorable.
    WOW! Never eat Chinese and streak!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The #1 way to not get shot is to follow commands. Plain clothes officers with actual police badges are trained to do the same thing. Follow commands. Do not turn with the gun in your hand. Drop it when told to drop it. Then when people don't have guns pointed at each other, sort it out. I have the advantage of a police radio and when I'm going into something, I can broadcast my own description to responding officers. Those of you with a scanner have probably heard the warnings on permeters and the like "we've got plain clothes officers in the area wearing...." and we try to get a vest on over top of our regular attire if time permits.

During or immediately after a shooting is...stressful. It's not the time to be thinking "what do I do" or have some BS plan. The time to plan is now and the plan should be "don't turn toward them with a gun...follow commands."

It's something you never see in movies (where most people get their tactical training from).

Usually the good guy just has to flash a badge to the cops responding to the scene where the good guy shot a dozen of terrorists.
    And they let him run out of the building, waving his gun around, because he has to go find more terrorists to shoot.
    He's also usually out of his jurisdiction too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's something you never see in movies (where most people get their tactical training from).

Usually the good guy just has to flash a badge to the cops responding to the scene where the good guy shot a dozen of terrorists.
    And they let him run out of the building, waving his gun around, because he has to go find more terrorists to shoot.
    He's also usually out of his jurisdiction too.

Often you don't even have to flash a badge, just yell "I'm on the job" and they immediately accept you as part of the group.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In addition to the badge hanging on the chain, I got one of those FBI dark blue windbreakers. I took a marker and wrote CCW over top of the FBI on the back.

I just wear one of these with my CCW badge:
    rot7357.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The #1 way to not get shot is to follow commands. Plain clothes officers with actual police badges are trained to do the same thing. Follow commands. Do not turn with the gun in your hand. Drop it when told to drop it. Then when people don't have guns pointed at each other, sort it out. I have the advantage of a police radio and when I'm going into something, I can broadcast my own description to responding officers. Those of you with a scanner have probably heard the warnings on permeters and the like "we've got plain clothes officers in the area wearing...." and we try to get a vest on over top of our regular attire if time permits.

During or immediately after a shooting is...stressful. It's not the time to be thinking "what do I do" or have some BS plan. The time to plan is now and the plan should be "don't turn toward them with a gun...follow commands."

I agree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I opened a box of lucky charms and no CCW badge! I was like, WTF? What's lucky about that? Then I read this thread and now I understand. It was all just a plot by gerneral mills to get me to reveal my inner Blart.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I for one am all for CCW badges I only wish they were more affordable, If I could buy them in bulk at a bargain basement price I would be all over them. I had found one in a parking lot one time it was absent any other identification so I picked it up. A bit later I was wondering what to do with it? Then it came to me take it out to the range hang it on a string and use it for target practice at 10 yards it was a lot more fun shooting it then playing cards.

Top Bottom