• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just thought I would make a follow up to my last thread regarding Garands. Did some trading with Colt556 a few days ago and got myself a decent Garand. It's all Springfield Armory with WW2 parts minus the barrel which is Korean war era but it too is Springfield. The sling is also Korean era and the stock is a walnut by Boyd. I'm hoping to get my great grandfather to come out shooting with me when I take it out for the first time as he served in the Navy during WW2 and trained with a Garand. He doesn't know I have it. ;)

Thanks again Mark for the Garand....:D

487142_10152265920360596_328768932_n.jpg

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Congrat!!

Congrats on the Garand purchase. You will really enjoy it. I have a all correct IHC and love it.She and I will never part. These rifles just ooze history(and some cosmoline) Have you looked into CMP ammo yet? Enjoy!!:D

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Nice rifle. I really like mine, probably going to Ohio with my youngest son when he gets his taxes back so he can buy one. More than likely we will come back with two!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Beautiful! I miss my old Korean War vintage M1. Does it have the WW2 era locking bar on the rear sight?

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.:) To answer some questions, I have found a couple places local that have some M2 ball so I plan to pick some up shortly. As for the question regarding the locking bar I'm still new to Garands where exactly is the part located so I can check? :D

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.:) To answer some questions, I have found a couple places local that have some M2 ball so I plan to pick some up shortly. As for the question regarding the locking bar I'm still new to Garands where exactly is the part located so I can check? :D

If you look at the picture Dog1 posted you can see the locking bar on the rear sight windage/elevation knob. M1s that were refurbished following WW2 had these removed as they were ruled obsolete. Since yours was rebarreled, it probably does not have it anymore. This really only matters to the 100% correct collectors.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Congrats! Your really going to like it. I just picked up my first one about a month ago and have already worked up a really sweet load for it. It runs about 2,620 fps and very accurate.

PING!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    If you look at the picture Dog1 posted you can see the locking bar on the rear sight windage/elevation knob. M1s that were refurbished following WW2 had these removed as they were ruled obsolete. Since yours was rebarreled, it probably does not have it anymore. This really only matters to the 100% correct collectors.

I'll be sure to take a look sometime tonight if I have some time. :D I showed it to my girlfriend and she is eager to test it out at the range.:rockwoot:

P.S: Now I feel like I am aching to get a M1 carbine to go a long with the Garand...;):D

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I'll be sure to take a look sometime tonight if I have some time. :D I showed it to my girlfriend and she is eager to test it out at the range.:rockwoot:

P.S: Now I feel like I am aching to get a M1 carbine to go a long with the Garand...;):D

Everyone says that ARs are habit forming. I love them, but I can resist the urges far more than good old US wood and steel milsurp.

Top Bottom