• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    His rifle does not have a locking bar sight. It is a Korean war rebuild and the sight was probably replaced then, or anytime after really. The lock bar sights were only WWII and were replaced with the improved sights as guns went through for servicing or rebuild. I replaced the stock with a very nice Boyds walnut stock and rubbed it down with BLO.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    That looks, nice. I still want a WWII era Garand.

Here's a pic my Garand and M1 Carbine, the Garand is a Springfield Armory receiver dated to 1955, the Carbine is a National Postal Meter dated 1943.

100_2325.jpg

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Nothing like owning 9 and 1/2 pounds, of American wood and steel, that jumped with the 82nd and the 101st, carried by dogfaces from the 29th, 1st and 4th Infantry Divisions on D-Day. Carried up Point du Hoc by the 2nd Rangers. Landed at Anzio with the 3rd Infantry Division and held the Germans at the Battle of the Bulge.

It landed on far flung beaches with Leathernecks from the 1st, 3rd and 6th Marines. Went on a tear with Merrill's Marauders, was carried by the 6th Rangers and Alamo Scouts as they liberated POW's from the Cabanatuan prison camp.

Then heading off to Korea to land at Inchon and went up North with the 1st Marine Division to "Frozen Chosin"..it went to war with advisers in Viet Nam and off with Marines and the 82nd Airborne in '65 to the Dominican Republic.

It serve the National Guard, as well as 27 countries after the war.

Then they, not all but a lot, came back home to be admired and owned, but not only the very same Veterans that carried it, but a whole new generation that loves and cherishes it as much as the men that depended on it in war.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I need to get off my arse and take some pics of some of my stuff. I think some of you guys would like to see them.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    A word of caution here-------- one Garand can sometimes lead to another, then another, and before you know it your safe is full and you smell cosmoline in your dreams.
    This condition, to which I am in full stage 4, is known as Garanditis

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I just had someone give me 20 enbloc clips full of 1950's Lake City M2 Ball before he headed south for the winter. I'll be shooting both my '44 Springfield and my '45 Winchester lots in the next few months.

I got my Springfield from Bradis at least 10 years ago. It was a little rough then. Here is what it looks like after a new Boyd's Fancy Walnut Stock and some proper accessories:
    April1944SpringfieldM1-001.jpg

Here is my haul from the CMP in 2011, a Service Grade 1950s H&R and a Field Grade 1945 WIN-13 Winchester. I traded away the H&R...kept the Winny:
    CMPRifles20110415-03.jpg

Last edited:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Some beautiful rifles. I need to see about getting one in the near future. Too many wants and limited $$ since I didnt win the powerball jackpot.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Man those are good lookin guns. Im debating getting one of those for a new hunting rifle actually. Id like to scope it just so I can hunt with an american classic.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ya, those M1C an M1D's are ruined Garands.........they should be sold for junk..........:cool:

[IMG said:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1338&pictureid=10594[/IMG]

I have to agree with him to an extent DragonGunner, Because that aint a M1C or D. Now if you'd put a C or D mount on it I'd change my mind. Then it would be awesome.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    No those are rarities. Not exactly the most found of M1s. He said he wanted to get an M1 and scope it. How about not trying to read to far into things.

Rarities....?.....you can get either from the CMP, been selling them for awhile now. An yes mine is not a C or D, it has a Fulton Armory scope mount. I've seen alot Garands scoped for hunting, some use them for deer in other states an hog hunting.....the point is the Garand was an could be scoped, so its not taboo to scope them. Besides, sometimes old eyes need some help these days.............sorry for reading toooo much into what you read.....I know how you Libertarians can be............:D

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    That looks, nice. I still want a WWII era Garand.

Here's a pic my Garand and M1 Carbine, the Garand is a Springfield Armory receiver dated to 1955, the Carbine is a National Postal Meter dated 1943.

100_2325.jpg

Nice pair !!!!! Now that a Colt SAA and 1873 Trapdoor are in my safe, a M1 Garand is next on the bucket list. :drool:

Top Bottom