• ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Nice PSA there!
    I have two of these the other is black with a reflex red dot. Both shoot well the black one will bunch out the bull at 50 yards with the RD. HP customer service is the best I have experienced anywhere.
    Nice one there Slonsteady! I have the 995FGTS, and have an inexpensive CP red dot on it, but at 30 yards I punch ragged holes with it.

One of the best little rifles I've owned. ;)

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I was just out shooting a bunch of PCC with my friend (elwood77 here) on Sunday. Between the two of we had a 9mm Jard J67, 9mm Beretta Cx4, 9mm AR 9 (pistol), and a Marlin 1894 in .357/.38. It was a good time.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Keep an eye out at pawn shops that are also FFL's. They are more interested in turning their inventory and normally will have less invested in the weapon. I picked up a like new Cx4 about a year ago at a pawn shop for $400. One hell of a buy!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Keep an eye out at pawn shops that are also FFL's. They are more interested in turning their inventory and normally will have less invested in the weapon. I picked up a like new Cx4 about a year ago at a pawn shop for $400. One hell of a buy!

Wow.. I really want to get a cx4. It just seems logical with my px4

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Was finally able to get my PSA AR9 out the other day. I ran 3 mags thru it and it ran flawlessly. Look forward to getting it out again, these really are enjoyable to shoot.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have nothing to contribute yet, as I haven't shot it yet, but it's exactly what I wanted. Didnt think my papers would ever get done on this one. New frontier armory lower, cheapo Anderson upper, Faxon 4.5" barrel, and big heavy buffer from law (I think??? Forget...). Hope to shoot it soon.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have nothing to contribute yet, as I haven't shot it yet, but it's exactly what I wanted. Didnt think my papers would ever get done on this one. New frontier armory lower, cheapo Anderson upper, Faxon 4.5" barrel, and big heavy buffer from law (I think??? Forget...). Hope to shoot it soon.

That's pretty sweet! Congratulations. I'd love to see the AAR of it's first time at the range.
    Dan

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    and it's not fun to shoot.

You've got my curiosity with that statement. I have a HiPoint 995 that is a blast to shoot but have been considering a Sub2000. After finding a recent thread in the forum of a Sub2000 breaking in half I'll probably pass though as I want a carbine that is reliable for home defense and that eats my ammo of choice, 9mm, and the HiPoint does that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dammit. Now with this bumped, I am really looking more seriously at selling off my Kimber (my singular 45 weapon) and getting a Glock fed 9mm PCC.

I like my 1911, but its a safe queen. I dont need safe queens, I need shooters.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You've got my curiosity with that statement. I have a HiPoint 995 that is a blast to shoot but have been considering a Sub2000. After finding a recent thread in the forum of a Sub2000 breaking in half I'll probably pass though as I want a carbine that is reliable for home defense and that eats my ammo of choice, 9mm, and the HiPoint does that.

Okay. Obviously, this is just my opinion. It may not hold true for everyone.
    But...

Sights
    I seem to have to tilt my head a little more than is "natural" or "comfortable" for sight alignment.

Bang
    The gun seems to bang my cheek/face more than a PCC has a right to.
    I've seen some add-on cushions for the cheek weld that I'm thinking of getting.
    Tacticool Products - SUB-2000

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like the concealability of the sub 2000.

But, I am now the owner of a CZ Scorpion Carbine.
    And just talked to a class 3 dealer for a real suppressor (mine has a fake), and to SBR it.
    :)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like the concealability of the sub 2000.

But, I am now the owner of a CZ Scorpion Carbine.
    And just talked to a class 3 dealer for a real suppressor (mine has a fake), and to SBR it.
    :)

Nice! What are you going to get?? You may also check out a tail hook for a pistol solution until that form 1 goes though... Assuming you want to get that can cut off right away. I am thinking about SBRing a Scorpion, I was considering a tail hook so I can take it out of state without jumping through hoops, but I'm guessing it'll get stamped. I love the stock on them!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nice! What are you going to get?? You may also check out a tail hook for a pistol solution until that form 1 goes though... Assuming you want to get that can cut off right away. I am thinking about SBRing a Scorpion, I was considering a tail hook so I can take it out of state without jumping through hoops, but I'm guessing it'll get stamped. I love the stock on them!

Tail Hook?
    Help me out.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Tail Hook?
    Help me out.

It's a form of pistol brace that fits in the back of the CZ stock. However, since you currently own a carbine and not a pistol it may not be of any interest to you... What kind of pistol can do you think you are going to pick up? I'm yet to get to run a Scorpion with a can on it, but I hear they are fantastic hosts!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's a form of pistol brace that fits in the back of the CZ stock. However, since you currently own a carbine and not a pistol it may not be of any interest to you... What kind of pistol can do you think you are going to pick up? I'm yet to get to run a Scorpion with a can on it, but I hear they are fantastic hosts!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-science-things-internet-412.html#post6984298

(Posted here. Didn't really feel like copying it all over again.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-science-things-internet-412.html#post6984298

(Posted here. Didn't really feel like copying it all over again.

Very cool! It should be very nice! I've been very torn on a scorpion setup, I've got a 9k that would fit under the carbine rail so nice, but it's also going to be mounted under my MPX. The only solution would be to buy another but there is no way I'm doing that! You TiRant should be nice though, I've only shot them on pistols, but they are a nice sounding can I think. After they get through all of the July submissions I think things will speed up for us too. We will see though! Hopefully we can at least get back to about a 5month wait at the very least.

Top Bottom