• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'd recommend the humble Beretta 92 with the main spring swapped to the D spring, and the elite hammer.

If the grips are too big, pick up Wilson slim grips. If that's still too much trigger reach, put in a Wilson steel trigger. Honestly my favorite of the DA/SA handguns and I've had about all of them.

5c8HErK.jpg
    I have a Beretta 92D Centurion with a DAO trigger...and that trigger is much better 'stock' than many other factory triggers!

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Interesting, myself I have never seen any sell for really any extra money. Could be, I just have never seen it happen, nor have I ever been looking.
    Whats really funny as much as a Sig guy I am, I have never shot or owned a 220 pistol.
    Long ago I passed up a 220-9 in Crackshots parking lot for a few hundred bucks. That was a mistake.
    They pop up on gunbroker from time to time, usually at ridiculous prices. There’s currently a Lyson’s Corner P226 on there and the seller is wanting $2,999.

I’d definitely recommend picking one up at some point. It’s probably my favorite platform.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Finely machined triggers are the best, hands down. Short of a custom trigger, a 1911 trigger is probably the best you will find.
    That being said, you can find triggers out there that 'improve' a pistol's OEM trigger, but nothing will be 'perfect'...
    On a carry pistol, I don't want an 'ultra-smooth/soft' trigger without a felt 'break-wall' on it...I want to feel that 'wall' when I'm shooting... feel it crisp and clear! For example, on a Glock, I do NOT like the Ghost 3.5# trigger bar...is has no felt 'wall' when shooting.

Here I am running around with 3.5# max triggers, well minus my P365X of course :abused:. Anything under a pound I consider a "hair trigger" , and with 1911/2011 style triggers a 3.5# glass rod break is about perfect IMHO. It's why I like the Walthers for Striker fired guns, about 1/3 of an inch of weightless take up followed by a very clean and crisp 3# wall.

Also DA/SA triggers: For myself it's a tie between fitted CGW CZ's and Legion SIG P226/229. I have shot Wilson Combat Berettas and they are like Glocks to me fit wise, now the newer Vertex guns might fit me better.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Finely machined triggers are the best, hands down. Short of a custom trigger, a 1911 trigger is probably the best you will find.
    That being said, you can find triggers out there that 'improve' a pistol's OEM trigger, but nothing will be 'perfect'...
    On a carry pistol, I don't want an 'ultra-smooth/soft' trigger without a felt 'break-wall' on it...I want to feel that 'wall' when I'm shooting... feel it crisp and clear! For example, on a Glock, I do NOT like the Ghost 3.5# trigger bar...is has no felt 'wall' when shooting.
    Yep same here on my Gen 5 Glock 34 with Vanek Custom trigger , really no clearly felt wall that I . Took me a while to be able to shoot well with it. Took it to a Glock armorer and he got it better but still not as defined as I would like. It is strictly a range so I'll work with it some more.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I own revolvers and most have good triggers . I'm thinking about buying a 9mm and would like opinions on which one has the best trigger . Does striker fired pistols generally have less "slop" than hammer pistols ? Thanks in advance
    Walther PDP or an older PPQ. Phenomenal out of the box.
    Canik Rival, phenomenal out of the box.
    1911’s have great triggers but the manual safeties are …..silly and, most times, don’t run reliably out of the box. There are some exceptions. You MAY get lucky but, why risk it.

I put aftermarket triggers in all my Glock clones to make them even better than phenomenal.

This is a “Ford Vs Chevy” issue though. Be ready to hear everyone’s opinion….

Last edited:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I own revolvers and most have good triggers . I'm thinking about buying a 9mm and would like opinions on which one has the best trigger . Does striker fired pistols generally have less "slop" than hammer pistols ? Thanks in advance
    How do you qualify what a good revolver trigger is? Almost every pistol out there will be a better trigger than the double action on the best revolvers. If you compare them to the 44SRH stock double or single action, almost every striker fired handgun is better.

I shot PPC a while back…..used a standard S&W M586 6" barrel too. I didn’t win every match I shot in but, that revolver shot fine. @7 yards, 12 shots in 14 seconds, all double action, 120 possible score. I usually shot that, just not 12 “X"! Lol

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Walther PDP or an older PPQ. Phenomenal out of the box.
    Canik Rival, phenomenal out of the box.
    1911’s have great triggers but the manual safeties are …..silly and, most times, don’t run reliably out of the box. There are some exceptions. You MAY get lucky but, why risk it.

I put aftermarket triggers in all my Glock clones to make them even better than phenomenal.

This is a “Ford Vs Chevy” issue though. Be ready to hear everyone’s opinion….

The best $20 you will ever spend on a PPQ or PDP IMHO (counting shipping)

Have had close to a half a dozen 1911's pass through my collection, never had any issues but I don't buy cheap ones either and that helps generally lol.

Top Bottom