• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I'm pretty sure that there Is a no smoking band in Plainfield. So who's going to tell on him ? I go in there a couple times a month and I know what I need and ask if they have it. If they don't I just leave. I can't stand smoke anymore so if someone is smoking In anyplace I go I just get what I need and don't hang around.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    And here is that section 5 your above posts speaks of, you can read it but I just don't have time.

I read that section, still don't see what part of it would apply to PSS.

I certainly have no interest in ratting the guy out. Just curious how he has gotten by with it so long.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I read that section, still don't see what part of it would apply to PSS.

I certainly have no interest in ratting the guy out. Just curious how he has gotten by with it so long.

This is something I seen just glancing at it, but I don't think it matters because Plainfield has it's own ordinance, surely he has been ratted out before, I would think at least, so there must be a reason he can allow it.....(5) An establishment owned or leased by a business that meets the following requirements:
    (A) The business was in business and permitted smoking on December 31, 2012.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Problem is (5) says meets the following requirements. That s on requirements means the establishment must meet all of A through F:

(5) An establishment owned or leased by a business that meets the following requirements:
    (A) The business was in business and permitted smoking on December 31, 2012.
    (B) The business prohibits entry by an individual who is less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
    (C) The owner or operator of the business holds a beer, liquor, or wine retailer's permit.
    (D) The business limits smoking in the establishment to either:
    (i) cigar smoking; or
    (ii) smoking with a waterpipe or hookah device.
    (E) During the preceding calendar year, at least ten percent (10%) of the business's annual gross income was from:
    (i) the sale of cigars and the rental of onsite humidors; or
    (ii) the sale of loose tobacco for use in a waterpipe or hookah device.
    (F) The person in charge of the business posts in the establishment conspicuous signs that display the message that cigarette smoking is prohibited.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive been in several times over the last 10 years. I never noticed the smoke. (Im a nonsmoker)

I didnt find his prices all that low, and really didnt find it a good or bad place. Just OK.

I dont agree with him flaunting the ban, but then again, I dont agree with the ban. I do what we should ALL do... If you dont like the smoke, dont go! The market will take care of it. We dont need a law for it.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I'm personally glad smoking is banned in restaurants, but what happens in a gun shop, is up to the owner. That's my two cents worth!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I use to be a good customer of PSS, but I stopped because I'll not support a Gun Shop that doesn't support my right to carry. His shop his rules, my money my rules.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Sad thing in all this is, that ole Bob will probably die earlier than needed because of all that smoke. I for one am sure goina hate that. Bobs a good guy, PSS wont be the same when he is gone.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I use to be a good customer of PSS, but I stopped because I'll not support a Gun Shop that doesn't support my right to carry. His shop his rules, my money my rules.

You're not allowed to carry in the shop?? How did I miss this?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm personally glad smoking is banned in restaurants, but what happens in a gun shop, is up to the owner. That's my two cents worth!

Why should a shop be any different than a restaurant? The smoking ban should not have been a blanket ban, but a legislative protection against lawsuits for those that wanted to implement the ban. That way, if an establishment chose to go smoke free, they couldnt easily be sued by a smoker for some absurd rights violation. Before the ban I chose whether or not to go into a bar based on whether I felt like being around the smoke or not. If I didnt like that it was smoking, I didnt go. In this case, if I didnt like Bob's policy, I could choose not to go there and instead go to the shop that shall remain nameless on 67 who did happen to ban it (theoretically speaking) because they are in line with my smoke free preference.

Let private businesses choose, and let us as consumers vote with our feet.

Sure, ban smoking where nobody has a choice like government faclilites, etc. but leave the private sector alone to sort it out via free market forces.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    How in the world did this go from a review on a gun shop and turn in to a freaking smoking ban fiasco. This man put his money into this business to start it out and has grown what I would call a successful business it is his business he can choose how he wants to let it operate get over it or don't go. I have personally never been able to make it into his shop but I have never heard anything bad and know many people that drive a good way to spend their money in his store. I don't live all that close to the area and the few times I do it is usually closed (holidays etc)

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I like PSS, and I like Bob. They've treated me right every time I've been there. It can get smoke filled at times. I put up with it. There's always a couple of different conversations going on. It's a friendly place, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. Two thumbs up for PSS :)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy

Sigh...... this has been discussed a few times.

The sign is posted to keep jackwagons from pulling out their carry guns in the shop to show off or to offer it as a trade.

Bob HAS NO PROBLEM at all if you carry a gun in the shop, just keep it holstered unless it is needed for its intended purpose.

However, if Bob himself told you that YOU personally can't carry a gun in his shop, well, he probably had a reason.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sigh...... this has been discussed a few times.

The sign is posted to keep jackwagons from pulling out their carry guns in the shop to show off or to offer it as a trade.

Bob HAS NO PROBLEM at all if you carry a gun in the shop, just keep it holstered unless it is needed for its intended purpose.

However, if Bob himself told you that YOU personally can't carry a gun in his shop, well, he probably had a reason.
    Sigh inferring things that aren't there ... :rolleyes:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I thought this thread had died an hour after I started it.

While I have bought many guns from Bob and find him and some of his staff to be knowledgable.

I believe I said before I think it was that day there were some new people working and maybe customers smoking but it was stronger than normal. I am a former smoker and can tolerate smoke for the most part. I don't plan on turning Bob in since its his business and should be able to do it if he chooses just like I can spend my money elsewhere. I had been slowly shopping around more and more because he's not had what I was looking for at times. When I was looking for an AR I was surprised that he was the last to lower the price back to normal like other stores had.

I have had a few good conversations with Bob and a few other employees and have used some of the info that I gained from talking to them.

Top Bottom