Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    NHE-17708_300.gif

Found this HERE

excellent! Thanks!

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    The people in the OP's story happened to be open carrying, so he natural told the whole story. Should he have suppressed that part of his story so as not to offend you? Good lord. Like we don't have enough political correctness forced down our throats I'm every other aspect of our lives now the crap is even seeping into the gun world. I'm sure if you lobbied hard enough you could get yourselves included in the discriminatory statements "......based on religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or whether you open carry or conceal."

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The people in the OP's story happened to be open carrying, so he natural told the whole story. Should he have suppressed that part of his story so as not to offend you? Good lord. Like we don't have enough political correctness forced down our throats I'm every other aspect of our lives now the crap is even seeping into the gun world. I'm sure if you lobbied hard enough you could get yourselves included in the discriminatory statements "......based on religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or whether you open carry or conceal."

^^^^ This^^^^^

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe the militant OC crowd should work a bit harder on getting out the word that there is a more to responsible carry than just strapping on your gun? :dunno:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    My philosophy is that the best place for a gun is in it's holster . . . . . . until it's time for it not to be!

Whipping it out in public and showing it off is an UD looking for a place to happen.

Just my $.02. :twocents:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Wow! Just wow!

Take that however you want. 1.) piling on for someone venting about an idiot whipping it out, 2.) the crazy OC/CC, or 3.) the that it must be a full moon and several people have the tighty whities too tight.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've had plenty of people pull out their personally owned firearms at the LGS that I work at. Funny thing is that it has always been CC'ers who I have seen do it. Every single time, I tell them to put the gun back in their holster. Their response? Nine times out of ten... "It's OK, I don't have a round chambered."

Maybe we need to start another thread about CC'ers carrying one in the pipe.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    It's 5:57AM, DayQuil & coffee tastes pretty bad, already @ work an hour, & thankfully nobody has whipped it out & waived it around.

If I carry in OWB Holster, but it's covered by a shirt &/or Jacket, is that:
    1) CC
    2) OC
    3) OC while CC
    4) Bacon?

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    well said op. keep them firearms in holster, and i do beleave that some of the people that pull there firearms out and pass them around for show and tell are reading this on ingo. there are times to do so, and times not to do so.

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    What about when shopping for another pistol and wanting to compare the two? I have upholstered at my LGS, dropped the mag and extracted chambered round, and laid it on the counter for comparison reasons. Is this douchey as well?

Top Bottom