Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    What about when shopping for another pistol and wanting to compare the two? I have upholstered at my LGS, dropped the mag and extracted chambered round, and laid it on the counter for comparison reasons. Is this douchey as well?

Yes. I would tell you to leave.

If you want to compare guns, unload your gun before you come into the store. If you are shopping for holsters, unload before you come into the store. If you want to sell or trade, unload before you come into the store. You get the picture.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Really hoped we wouldn't have anyone say they'd done this. Kudos for honesty, but please tell us the stores you frequent that don't go nuclear on this. I don't want to go anywhere near them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

If you want to compare guns, unload your gun before you come into the store. If you are shopping for holsters, unload before you come into the store. If you want to sell or trade, unload before you come into the store. You get the picture.

In my LGS, the clerks are always drawing and clearing their firearms for show and tell. I would tell them to leave, but I don't think they would listen... :dunno:

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville

Fair enough.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Now lets talk about responsible carry. Is this topic out of the vernacular of the militant OC crowd?

Just how serious must one be about not hiding their firearm from view to be considered militant?

And how would carry method correlate more to being responsible than the simple directive of leaving it holstered in public?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Yes because CCers do not unholster their weapon in public. Don't say the "militants" are out now; they are simply pointing out a flaw in this line of thinking. Carry method has no bearing on the matter; keep the gun where it belongs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just how serious must one be about not hiding their firearm from view to be considered militant?

And how would carry method correlate more to being responsible than the simple directive of leaving it holstered in public?

Yes because CCers do not unholster their weapon in public. Don't say the "militants" are out now; they are simply pointing out a flaw in this line of thinking. Carry method has no bearing on the matter; keep the gun where it belongs.

DING!!! DING!!!

OMG how simple was that? Where were you 8 pages ago?

The OP started this thread on his observation. Sorry you folks don't like it. Maybe the phrase "shoot the messenger" could apply here?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OC'ers sure are a sensitive bunch.

sensitive-man.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The OP started this thread on his observation. Sorry you folks don't like it. Maybe the phrase "shoot the messenger" could apply here?

I mostly asked questions. Sorry you folks didn't feel like answering them.

Sometimes the messenger needs a good shootin'.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What about when shopping for another pistol and wanting to compare the two? I have upholstered at my LGS, dropped the mag and extracted chambered round, and laid it on the counter for comparison reasons. Is this douchey as well?
    Why not just ask if they have the same gun you are carrying?

Top Bottom