• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I was about to order 3 or 4 new 12 round mags for a 45 USP when I noticed PMags were les than 1/2 the price of H&K mags. I started doing a little research on the PMags and found a lot of reports claiming they are junk. Having had bad experiences with aftermarket mags in the past I would prefer not to repeat my frustration. If any of you folks have real life experience with PMags or any other aftermarket mags, good or bad your opinion will be appreciated.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    No problems here either, unlike with GI mags. Pmags are meant to be used over and over, not just dropped in the dirt once the mag is empty.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You won't regret getting PMags. I haven't had any reliability issues with them. Excellent magazine, IMHO.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I EXCLUSIVELY run PMAGS in all of my AR's and AK's. Never one failure, and I've purposely beat one up and still didn't fail.

No problems here either, unlike with GI mags. Pmags are meant to be used over and over, not just dropped in the dirt once the mag is empty.

Once you get talked into PMAGS, here's a pretty good deal for you.... SHIPPED.

Magpul PMAG MOE GEN2 AR-15 30rd Magazines - Botach

You won't regret getting PMags. I haven't had any reliability issues with them. Excellent magazine, IMHO.

Ok, all of you PMag fan boys, Magpul doesn't make mags for HK USP pistols in 45acp. OP is confused. He bought cheap once before, got burned. Is about to do it again. I'm guessing Promags. I may regret this post in the morning, but I can't find any pistol mags on Magpul's web site. ;)

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Ok, all of you PMag fan boys, Magpul doesn't make mags for HK USP pistols in 45acp. OP is confused. He bought cheap once before, got burned. Is about to do it again. I'm guessing Promags. I may regret this post in the morning, but I can't find any pistol mags on Magpul's web site. ;)

I guess I shouldn't speed-read. Good catch....

But yes, PMAGS are awesome! Ha ha ha ha!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

DOH! You are probably correct. Magpul PMAG and Pro Mag are entirely different animals.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Maybe I don't have any business buying magazines!!! You guys are absolutely right.... I should have said Pro Mag not PMag.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I will 2nd or 3rd on do not buy pro mags. The only aftermarket magazines I would recommend for handguns is MecGar mags. They are top notch and Mecgar is the supplyer to many handguns (Browning and SIG are just a couple examples)

As far as PMags, While they work ok they are not all that. I am not impressed, we purchased a bunch for out M4's and several duty mags that were not dropped or used heavily developed cracks and splits down the back of the mags at the seam as well as the training mags the lips chipped easily .

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Definitely don't buy pro mags. I bought five of them for my m&p and now every time I go to seat them in the pistol the base plate fly's off and sends all 17 rounds flying to the dirt. I like to call it the pro mag dump.

Sainte70

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2014
    OK by me, OK bayou..
    Definitely don't buy pro mags. I bought five of them for my m&p and now every time I go to seat them in the pistol the base plate fly's off and sends all 17 rounds flying to the dirt. I like to call it the pro mag dump.

Haha I thought I was the only this has happened to! Pro mags are junk, worse than junk! Buy once, cry once! Same rule applies to optics as well!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I was about to order 3 or 4 new 12 round mags for a 45 USP when I noticed PMags were les than 1/2 the price of H&K mags.

Here are some for just $34.64 each. Original H&K. I know a lot of guys don't like CTD, and I'm not fond of how they operate either. But with that said, their price on H&K mags. are about the best around. They shipped mine promptly, and I had zero problems dealing with them.

H&K USP45 Magazine .45 ACP 12 Rounds Steel Black Finish 215957S

Top Bottom