• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Aren't they the same size?

Diameter is basically the same, but the .380 has shorter case length, lower velocity, and lower bullet weight. Which makes the 9mm a more powerful round. The slightly shorter case and bullet is what helps make the .380 pistol smaller, and more suited for the "pocket."

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    For the size, weight and price it is hard to beat the LCP for a true pocket pistol. Just like my pocket knife, I forget I'm carrying it. It is that comfortable! Mine has been 100% reliable from day #1 too.

rjklein4470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Carmel

My new pocket gun, Special forces R9. This is a stock picture, I should be able to put it under the tree for me. Hard to beat a S&W 642, in the front pocket or a PM 9. So I have all three. lol

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My younger brother has a Kahr CM9. It's a nice looking little pistol, and it's so small it melts into whatever you're wearing. When dry firing the gun, the trigger literally feels like it's hydraulic, I don't know how else to describe it, just crazy smooth. However, when I live fire it, that hydraulic trigger pull is a little long, I don't shoot it well at all. Just takes practice, it's a solid little gun, and my brother never intends to part with it.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have the Kahr CM9 and love it. Bought a Shield a few months later but ended up staying with the CM9.

The Kahr is just a tiny bit smaller and the trigger is smoother IMO.

I am not sure either is a true pocket carry although I have done so in loose cargo pants. I usually carry The CM9 IWB.

If you really want tiny, the DB9 is small, but some people have reported issues with them. I personally have never shot one though. The Kahr P380 is also very small and would be more of a true pocket carry.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Been thinking of purchasing a pocket pistol, but will likely be on a tight budget. I currently own and carry a G17, and would like to purchase a G26. But, the price of the subcompact Rugers is pretty nice. Not too sure of the .380 ACP round though. I would rather stick with 9mm. Has anyone had issues with the Ruger LCP, LC9, or LC380? Thanks!

First, I have not read through all of the previous posts to this thread so I apologize if my thoughts have already been mentioned.

I understand the desire to stick with a 9mm. I prefer to keep my variety of calibers to a minimum. And of course if you carry both at once, having both your primary EDC and your pocket gun in the same caliber can be adventageous. I primarily carry a Glock 19 or a Shield 9mm AND I am currently shopping for a pocket pistol as well. HOWEVER, my reservation to buying a G26 as a pocket gun is, well, I cant fit one in my pocket! So I guess you have to define a pocket gun based on the size of your pockets. So far I am leaning towards a ruger LCP. For me, the LC9 is to big for a true pocket gun and it is too similar in size to my Shield to justify. What draws me to the LCP is mainly the size and price. They can be had for $279.95. I will say I have yet to shoot the LCP but I am confident that like most other firearms I have owned with time and practice proficiency can be achieved. Just my thoughts. Hope this might help you.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown

My new pocket gun, Special forces R9. This is a stock picture, I should be able to put it under the tree for me. Hard to beat a S&W 642, in the front pocket or a PM 9. So I have all three. lol

Okay, I just found the prices on those!!!......you must have been REALLY good this year!!....WOW

mcbratcher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have carried my Beretta Nano for over a year now and am completely satisfied. It's small enough that even with my custom kydex IWB holster (1 o'clock), it doesn't ever feel bulky or in the way. As a personal preference, I like the power of the 9mm, so to have it in my daily CC is what I was looking for. I have experienced no failure-to-eject issues after about 2000 rounds using various brands of ammunition at the range. Some of these loads were the most inexpensive I could get my hands on, so I don't foresee future problems either. I am 6'2" and have decent size hands so I did purchase an extended magazine with a place for my pinky. After eliminating the "pinky dangle" with the extension, I pretty much get the full grip experience that I was initially lacking (since the Nano is pretty small).

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I like my kel tec just put pocket clip on it. Its only a secondary gun but worth the money I think.

gncc600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Lafayette
    Kel-tec guns get ripped on a lot and constantly get compared to higher end pocket pistols which isn't really fair to the little budget guns. In my experience they are pretty reliable and good value for the money. But you can't compare them to guns that cost several hundred dollars more.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a few hundred rounds through my P3at and it has been totally reliable. I think there is a lot more Kel tec's out there that people will admit. Jim

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Glad to hear you like it. Mine would not empty one mag without some type of failure. Got rid of it. Left me not thinking too highly of Kel-Tech.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After a lot of going back and forth, trying this gun and that gun, I decided to go with tried and true. I bought a S&W model 36 J frame. I really didn't like how the lightweights felt, not dissing just a personal thing, and most of the plastic semis have truly awful triggers. The 36 is by no means perfect in that regard but it will do.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    After a lot of going back and forth, trying this gun and that gun, I decided to go with tried and true. I bought a S&W model 36 J frame. I really didn't like how the lightweights felt, not dissing just a personal thing, and most of the plastic semis have truly awful triggers. The 36 is by no means perfect in that regard but it will do.

I have never shot a pocket pistol before, but have held them at the gun shop.

I gotta admit, the J Frames do feel better in the hand vs any pocket pistol.

Top Bottom