• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Using my Google-Fu I couldn't find anything about shootings or disgruntled employees... and since you've been there from day one I suspect you would know.

The only thing I turned up that was negative were reviews like this:

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    This was the worst I could find. I did find plenty of comments about high prices, but that's what you get a big-box stores. If you want a more casual environment with lower prices, shop at smaller family owned businesses that are hungry. I love my local Gander Mountain for their selection, but good grief their prices are beyond bad to the point they're laughable. But when I need something on short notice, I swing in and grab it.

Exactly right.

I've been going to the Carmel and Greenwood Point Blank locations since they opened and I don't have anything bad to say about them. Yes, their prices are a little higher than BGF when they were around, but they're comparable to other ranges. The facilities are clean and well lit, their staff are reasonably knowledgeable and friendly. The targeting systems work like they should and the ventilation system is better than any other range I've been to since BGF burned down. I go every weekend and will continue to go there, at least until BGF reopens.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Just happen to see this thread. I was at GM in Merriville last week, and was told that this range was coming. If you don't have a range on your property (hickok45) you are going to have to pay what the owners want.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Point Blank is now open in Mokena. Ad in the Southtown states "Free five-shot test fire of any firearm in our rental case." Also unlimited ammo to go (including 22lr). Open seven days a week.

hobiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I just trades E-Mails with Point Blank, inquiring about the status. They replayed , they have begun construction and expect to open spring 2017.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I drove by the location on 12/14, there was a sign in the ground, Point Blank coming soon or something like that but they didn't break ground as of then. If I'm over that way tomorrow I'll do a drive by again...

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Went by there today, will try to post these pics...and a BIG thank you to Big Tanker for putting on YouTube how to put up pics!!!

IMG_0134.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0143.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0142.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0138.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0136.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Was by their Merrillville location over the weekend and see the construction company was starting put to footings in and grading the site.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ive shot at the one in greenwood and its nice. Just sucks to always wait for range time no matter when you go it seems lol.

To consistently get in and get a lane quickly, I go when they open. Usually have the least amount of hassle. Otherwise it's hit or miss. Sometimes I've gone in the evenings and it's been dead and other times packed. Same with lunch time. I like shooting early anyway, so it works for me :yesway:

Top Bottom