• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I've had sights not even close to the target stand on rifles that were brand new. I'm not a person who cares to pay for property damages at the public ranges I shoot at since I do not have the property to do it privately.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I know a guy who just started work, most introductions, and he couldn't tell me the state of the construction but "soon" was when he said it will open.

The only thing that'll make this place more awesome is a shoot house

Eh, the place would be ok if they didnt ask for tax documents to shoot class 3 items

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    At least they don't refuse to retreive your suppressor and leave it on the range for other customers to shoot at and then have to have their arm twisted to make it right by bad press like perabellum.

Wont shoot there either, but at least they don't have a ricochet problem like PB in carmel

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    At least they don't refuse to retreive your suppressor and leave it on the range for other customers to shoot at and then have to have their arm twisted to make it right by bad press like perabellum.
    Just heard about this on the weekend. I didn't hear the name though. They should be happy the ATF doesn't visit and ask why they had a class 3 item without any paperwork. Shut their range down, if not permanently, at least a long time.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    They wanted to hire me, but they tried to do the bait and switch. I applied for the assistant manager position on their website but when they offered it was as a shift lead of sorts and said that all assistant managers had to put in time as shift leads first. I will not work for any company who posts up a decent position in hopes they can talk someone down to a lower position.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    They wanted to hire me, but they tried to do the bait and switch. I applied for the assistant manager position on their website but when they offered it was as a shift lead of sorts and said that all assistant managers had to put in time as shift leads first. I will not work for any company who posts up a decent position in hopes they can talk someone down to a lower position.
    That sucks and I can see why you said no. They should have posted that so anyone applying would know.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    That sucks and I can see why you said no. They should have posted that so anyone applying would know.

You'd be surprised how many companies would do that. It gets people desperate for jobs to come in and hope they want to work there bad enough to take anything.

If I didn't have a full time job now, I would have applied depending on the pay

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    You'd be surprised how many companies would do that. It gets people desperate for jobs to come in and hope they want to work there bad enough to take anything.

If I didn't have a full time job now, I would have applied depending on the pay
    I agree with you, depending how desperate for the job people are, they'll settle, but still pretty crappy.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    They're open.
    Stopped in today after work. Seems like an OK place. People were friendly, and at least the couple that I talked to seemed reasonably knowledgeable.
    Decent assortment of handguns. Had one wall of AR's, opposite wall had .22's, some levers, and shot guns.
    Prices struck me as a bit high, but not WAY out of line.
    Dunno if they'll move on the posted prices or not.....nothing there I couldn't live with out.
    No reloading stuff.
    Didn't get to the range.

Overall.....they made a decent first impression.
    We'll see how they do down the road once they rub the new off everything.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    They're open.
    Stopped in today after work. Seems like an OK place. People were friendly, and at least the couple that I talked to seemed reasonably knowledgeable.
    Decent assortment of handguns. Had one wall of AR's, opposite wall had .22's, some levers, and shot guns.
    Prices struck me as a bit high, but not WAY out of line.
    Dunno if they'll move on the posted prices or not.....nothing there I couldn't live with out.
    No reloading stuff.
    Didn't get to the range.

Overall.....they made a decent first impression.
    We'll see how they do down the road once they rub the new off everything.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to check it out

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Stopped by today and used the range. Good prices, nice clean range, friendly polite RO's. Will definitely be going back often.

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    I also stopped today and used the range. Superb facility with wide selection of everything. The two guys who helped me had no idea about anything. Had to wait a lot to get in the lane because they had no idea what to do. At one point they just walked away and left me there hanging. When I asked what was going on they said they were waiting on someone to assign me a line. Should've said that from the beginning. Once inside it was all smooth. RO Becky was very nice and was on top of everything. I packed up all my stuff 5 full minutes before my time was up and then some other RO came to me to tell me my time was up.

I was ready to sign up for a membership but given all the inconsistencies I think I will delay it at least a few months. I'm holding judgement because I'm sure everyone is still trying to find their bearings. Hopefully training issues are sorted out soon.

EDIT: Rapid fire NOT allowed. Guy next to me was asked to slow it down.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom