3. Potatoes
    4. Squash
    5. Zucchini
    6. Ginger root
    7. Onions
    8. All leafy greens
    9. Pumpkins
    10. Osama Bin Laden

Don't know about you all, but me and my veggies are headed underground. You'll never take my tomatoes alive.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Does this mean breast feeding is out? Most families don't have the money or the space for the big machines. "Drop your breast ma'am or we'll fire"

As ridiculous as that sounds, it would not surprise me one bit to see it on the 11:00 news. Sad, just very, very sad.

Those who will enforce any law under the cover of their job are always a highly available commodity.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I know we're on page five here and most people have probably read this far. But I just want everyone who reads this post to just clear your mind, please, and think about what just happened.

The government gave Police officers orders to raid an organic grocery store, with their guns pointed, because they were selling real yogurt. Seriously, clear all other thoughts and just think about this, nothing else.

I know I say this all the time, but even I can't hardly believe how unAmerican this is. Can anyone on this board, even if you don't have an account, create one for me, tell me why we are allowing this to happen? We are squandering the gift our founders gave us and no one is doing anything about it!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The only way this would have caused a revolution is if it involved an undercover bacon ring.

I'm only half kidding.

Almost no one cares about freedom. As long as we have 'insert stupid and common negative references of American culture.'

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I know we're on page five here and most people have probably read this far. But I just want everyone who reads this post to just clear your mind, please, and think about what just happened.

The government gave Police officers orders to raid an organic grocery store, with their guns pointed, because they were selling real yogurt. Seriously, clear all other thoughts and just think about this, nothing else.

I know I say this all the time, but even I can't hardly believe how unAmerican this is. Can anyone on this board, even if you don't have an account, create one for me, tell me why we are allowing this to happen? We are squandering the gift our founders gave us and no one is doing anything about it!

Well you can bet that if Indiana starts passing laws like this I will probably be leading a protest. Me and my family practically live on unprocessed food, we get our own eggs and meat from our chickens, and we have a garden that provides potatoes, pumpkins, tomatoes, you name it. I will purposely set up a roadside stand and illegally sell unprocessed food just so I can sue the hell out of the state when they do arrest me. I agree, this is extremely unAmerican, and it's exactly what our founding fathers wanted to avoid. On a different note, if I were one of those police officers, I would told my supervisor to shove it, and went straight to a media outlet to give them all the details on just how much danger this little food shop was really posing to the community. Police officers have better things to do then regulate yogurt and milk!! :xmad:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well you can bet that if Indiana starts passing laws like this I will probably be leading a protest.

Lets not wait. By the time we hear the announcement of the bill in our state, it will be too late. We should be willing to get active now, and help defend rights anywhere in our country. Stop this Food Control movement before it branches out.

They work every day towards taking our rights, so lets take the same attitude with defending them.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I helped my grandparents out quite a bit gardening this year, learning the ins and outs of gardening and preserving. I'll have my own next year and I'm not buying or getting a license for free for it.

Anyone have any constructive ideas on how to let Indy know that this isn't going to fly here, before they try to introduce a similar bill?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

Nobody cared when they did the same thing for owning certain plants, why do you expect them to care now?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As ridiculous as that sounds, it would not surprise me one bit to see it on the 11:00 news. Sad, just very, very sad.

In IL they actually have a law PROTECTING mom's that breast feed in public (ie. mom still has to hide her breast & baby while baby eats (blanket, cloth, etc..). The mom can not be told not to do it or asked to leave the area that she is at either.

---
    FYI NWI INGO members
    INGO Open Carry Cigar Night is 19 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...en_carry_cigar_night_aug_19_schererville.html

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    :dunno::dunno:why?:dunno::dunno:

Well, the only local pasteurized dairy (Trader's Point) is $15 a gallon. Their milk is delicious, and they would sell raw milk if they could (without having jump through hoops or print ridiculous labels), but I can't afford to spend that every week.

I can buy it from a local farm as pet food for roughly $5 a gallon. It isn't as good as trader's point (IMO) but it tastes just as good as anything from WalMart/Kroger's. The Indiana State Government says I am not capable of choosing who I buy my milk from, so they limit my choices.

Also, I am not a big fan of grain fed cows, since cows don't eat corn and it makes them sick. I am willing to spend a few dollars more a gallon for now until I get my goats.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    $15 for a gallon of milk! $5 for "pet food" gallon of milk! WT..... I'm screaming when the milk goes to 3.25 at Miejers & thus why I found it easier to take calcium supplements. Wow...

---
    FYI NWI INGO members
    INGO Open Carry Cigar Night is 19 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...en_carry_cigar_night_aug_19_schererville.html

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    $15 for a gallon of milk! $5 for "pet food" gallon of milk! WT..... I'm screaming when the milk goes to 3.25 at Miejers & thus why I found it easier to take calcium supplements. Wow...

It is hard to compete when you aren't subsidized by taxpayers and prefer to feed the cows something they naturally eat.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    In IL they actually have a law PROTECTING mom's that breast feed in public (ie. mom still has to hide her breast & baby while baby eats (blanket, cloth, etc..). The mom can not be told not to do it or asked to leave the area that she is at either.

I think it is odd how society shows more and more skin and let's wearing certain type of clothing become "ok," (or lack thereof) letting morality slip slowly into the night...

But Dolly Parton forgive! if a mom pops a titty out to feed her kid. Backasswards...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Also, I am not a big fan of grain fed cows, since cows don't eat corn and it makes them sick. I am willing to spend a few dollars more a gallon for now until I get my goats.

I'm looking to get some dairy goats within the next few years as well. I'm leaning towards the Nigerian Dwarf breed, because I'd like to make some cheese too. Mind if I ask what breed you've looked into?

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I'm looking to get some dairy goats within the next few years as well. I'm leaning towards the Nigerian Dwarf breed, because I'd like to make some cheese too. Mind if I ask what breed you've looked into?

The same breed and for the same reason. The high butterfat percentage and the manageable amount of milk makes them the best for my wife and I. Plus, it doesn't hurt to raise a heritage breed! American Livestock Breeds Conservancy - Breeds Information

Top Bottom