• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My favorite has to be, "Do a search, this has been asked before."
    Because, obviously, the responder is way too busy spending his time on the same chat board that you asked the question on, he has clicked on your thread and taken the time to type a response. You are wasting his/her valuable time. Lol

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Has anyone noticed how many gun posts go something like this ...

I think I'd go for an M&P-10. Have shot one and it's pretty good.
    There. Does that answer your question? ;)

I see what you did there. Brilliant, really. Managing to pull my chain by actually answering the question. :)

See, the OP doesn't even know his own question.... the question wasn't about 308s. no wonder threads drift so ...

Yes, I have noticed it. that's life on the internet. There, THAT should answer your question....

-rvb

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Is it just me, or is there a relevance between post count and the implied snarkiness of some people that post?

The higher the post count = the more “Know it all”?

Not all posters exhibit this quality.

Just curious

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But even when you get a response it is usually along the lines of, I know you asked about A or B, but you have to buy C because that is what I have and I need validation for my choice.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    My pet peeve on discussion forums is when someone titles their post:

"I have a question"

~or~

"Need Information"

Or other vague titles like that. I tend to pass those right by.

Tell us what you are asking about in the title folks!!! Then, and only then will I provide a snarky response and tell you what you *should* be buying instead of what you asked about!!! :D

Last edited:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Is it just me, or is there a relevance between post count and the implied snarkiness of some people that post?

The higher the post count = the more “Know it all”?

Not all posters exhibit this quality.

Just curious

You can't be a good ole boy until you have 5000 posts....

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    While I understand this idea, it can sometimes be counterproductive for newer members to add a question to older threads. For example, if the question that someone has was answered over a year ago and that person asks for clarification about someone's response, then, if that person is new, he will be accused of posting a necro post and be accused of "running." But, as many pointed out here, if he posts a new thread, he's lazy and didn't try looking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I never thought of that, but you are 100% correct.

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I have been lucky so far, every question I have has been answered before so far. I search 1st & as others has stated its not the best with results & sometimes takes a lot longer to find the relevant thread but for me its their somewhere. Just wish the search was more easier to use. I never reply to those threads cause they are older & don't want to be accused of a runner (like the avatar picture I have there :):), and I don't have to deal with the irrelevant comments.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dross, sometimes it genuine - maybe you really haven't considered XXX, and new information is helpful.

But most of the time it's user's that want to post their opinions, often to validate their own choices - "Get a XXXX like me!".

What pissed me off was the "Why don't you own an AR-15" thread got littered with, "I bought another one last week!" - which add as much to the conversation as "I like turtles!".

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Dross, sometimes it genuine - maybe you really haven't considered XXX, and new information is helpful.

But most of the time it's user's that want to post their opinions, often to validate their own choices - "Get a XXXX like me!".

What pissed me off was the "Why don't you own an AR-15" thread got littered with, "I bought another one last week!" - which add as much to the conversation as "I like turtles!".
    What do you have against freedom and turtles?

#turtlelivesmatter

Top Bottom