• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Charge at me with a knife and it will be the same outcome. It's funny to hear the comments of the locals and how outraged they are and how they should have tazed him or shot him in the leg, yet they shoot each other for wearing a different color hat and think its normal.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Charge at me with a knife and it will be the same outcome. It's funny to hear the comments of the locals and how outraged they are and how they should have tazed him or shot him in the leg, yet they shoot each other for wearing a different color hat and think its normal.
    They get their "police knowledge" from TV. What they see on TV dictates how they think we should do our jobs. I hate TV cops for the most part. This was a good shoot that ANYONE, LEO or not, would have done to protect themselves.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think men are not made like they use to be......everyone ready to shoot someone and afraid of taking a beating. It's like we are afraid to fight now days. I remember my old man whipping 3 guys one night....they were armed with tire iron and a pipe wrench, my dad beat everyone of their behinds, broke ones jaw......sure he could have just shot them but that wouldnt be near as much fun. Maybe it's how I was raised....

I guess I just don't understand. These cops shot 8-10 times with people standing around......tell me they couldn't have easily killed an innocent person. If I discharged a weapon like that, I would be charged.
    Take a beating? How about take a stabbing? He had a knife in his hand that he drew from the pocket his hand was in when the camera was close. Are you advocating that a knife does not warrant deadly force? They had a "decent" backstop, the danger was limited. How many times would you shoot when faced with a knife attack? Most people have no idea how many rounds they've fired after this kind of event.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    That video is ridiculous.....what kind of cop would walk into that situation and not be prepared, as in weapon drawn. I still think we have a world full of cowardly wussies. Beat his ass then shoot him if that don't work. I have seen a few fights in my life, I have delivered some beatings and took some. I am not saying you can beat a gun with your fists.....if anyone knows John Dean you know what I mean. But I am saying you can be a man without your gun.......sometimes.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Take a beating? How about take a stabbing? He had a knife in his hand that he drew from the pocket his hand was in when the camera was close. Are you advocating that a knife does not warrant deadly force? They had a "decent" backstop, the danger was limited. How many times would you shoot when faced with a knife attack? Most people have no idea how many rounds they've fired after this kind of event.

Denny, You honestly think it would that many shots? 2-3 grown, trained, armed men can't stop 1 drunk with a knife......just seemed excessive from my couch.

Do they not have Tasers in St.Louis?

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That video is ridiculous.....what kind of cop would walk into that situation and not be prepared, as in weapon drawn. I still think we have a world full of cowardly wussies. Beat his ass then shoot him if that don't work. I have seen a few fights in my life, I have delivered some beatings and took some. I am not saying you can beat a gun with your fists.....if anyone knows John Dean you know what I mean. But I am saying you can be a man without your gun.......sometimes.
    I'm not a cop but personal self defense and policing are not about "being a man" or not. It's about self defense. A knife in many cases is a worse threat than a gun. I also do not believe that there were an excessive number of rounds fired between the 2 officers. Shoot to stop the threat. If he still has a knife in his hand and is moving after having charged you then it's still a threat.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

How many times have you been stabbed?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    CHCRandy, there is a graphic (over 18) video on YouTube of a man wife a knife killing people and police and how fast it happens. It happened in china? I think. Go log in and check it out.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Between sciatica and arthritis, I have no run left in me, and very little fight. I'll do what I have to. If "being a man" takes busting some ass, I guess I'll just be a little girl. I'm kinda beyond caring at this point.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Beat his ass when he has a knife? What kind fighting background do you have that you would challenge a knife with a fist? I certainly am not an advanced enough fighter to do that nor I would imagine most of the population. But if that is how you go about your day, so be it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny, You honestly think it would that many shots? 2-3 grown, trained, armed men can't stop 1 drunk with a knife......just seemed excessive from my couch.

Do they not have Tasers in St.Louis?
    I have no idea if they do. Many do not. Tasers are about 50/50 in effectiveness and a knife fight is the wrong place to test the odds. A knife is a deadly weapon. You address a deadly weapon with a deadly weapon. I would love to hear how you have functioned under stress during such a situation. I've been in one and there are a few here that have been in even worse spots than I and survived. 3-5 shots in a second per officer is about average. As a firearms instructor and a combatives instructor I MIGHT know a thing or to about what I am talking about. I have no problem with stand-up or ground fighting but I sure as hell am not going to grapple with a knife wielder unless I have a death wish. I am not a bullet or a knife sponge. I am to survive a fight by all legal means available to me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I was in fear for my life I hope I would fire as many times as necessary to stop the person from advancing. Doesn't matter if that was eight or 18. Anyone advocating engaging a knife wielding man with bare fists, I believe, knows about fighting from what he sees on TV and movies. Which is to say, not much.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think men are not made like they use to be......everyone ready to shoot someone and afraid of taking a beating. It's like we are afraid to fight now days. I remember my old man whipping 3 guys one night....they were armed with tire iron and a pipe wrench, my dad beat everyone of their behinds, broke ones jaw......sure he could have just shot them but that wouldnt be near as much fun. Maybe it's how I was raised....

I guess I just don't understand. These cops shot 8-10 times with people standing around......tell me they couldn't have easily killed an innocent person. If I discharged a weapon like that, I would be charged.

:facepalm:

I know a Karate Sensei that I wouldn't want to jack with that was opened up by a guy with a knife.....

People have been getting killed and killing with knives for thousands of years.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Pretty much sums it up. ;)

Hey, I've taken that course also.
    Nobody here will ever understand the sacrifices we've made to get to our level of training.
    Keep it up brother and make us proud.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Hey guys. I am not taking away from any of you that deal with this stuff daily.

I was raised in a family of rednecks....they would walk into the Convention Center for wrestling matches with open knifes in pocket. I seen my grand daddy smack my other grand daddy with a whiskey bottle.....and the grand daddy who got hit, with his head busted open take the busted bottle and stick other grand daddy back.

I have seen people react differently when having a weapon pulled on them.

I am too old to fight anymore as well.......so I am not placing blame on anyone. Gotta run.

Top Bottom