• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hey guys. I am not taking away from any of you that deal with this stuff daily.

I was raised in a family of rednecks....they would walk into the Convention Center for wrestling matches with open knifes in pocket. I seen my grand daddy smack my other grand daddy with a whiskey bottle.....and the grand daddy who got hit, with his head busted open take the busted bottle and stick other grand daddy back.

I have seen people react differently when having a weapon pulled on them.

I am too old to fight anymore as well.......so I am not placing blame on anyone. Gotta run.

You didn't answer the questions.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Had to go by one of my jobs....like I said, I am an armchair opinion. I imagine if I dealt with people like this everyday, and had proper training and protocol to follow....I would do differently. I wouldnt want to be a cop or even a civilian in a neighborhood where that happens daily.

But I can tell you after being in roofing industry for 20 years, dealing with a lot of less than desirable individuals working for and around me....if I shot everyone that threatened my life, I would be sitting by my old high school mate at Pendleton.

Maybe being on this side of the law is why I think differently.....if I were a LEO I would probably kill em as well.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Had to go by one of my jobs....like I said, I am an armchair opinion. I imagine if I dealt with people like this everyday, and had proper training and protocol to follow....I would do differently. I wouldnt want to be a cop or even a civilian in a neighborhood where that happens daily.

But I can tell you after being in roofing industry for 20 years, dealing with a lot of less than desirable individuals working for and around me....if I shot everyone that threatened my life, I would be sitting by my old high school mate at Pendleton.

Maybe being on this side of the law is why I think differently.....if I were a LEO I would probably kill em as well.

Yeah, because all cops want to do is kill someone.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Textbook self-defense.

"Meye rye-eet to wave a knife around!"

Yeah, good luck with that.

What's with the Looky Lous? I would have run like a nimble forest creature. "There are guns here!"

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Textbook self-defense.

What's with the Looky Lous? I would have run like a nimble forest creature. "There are guns here!"

No matter where I am, I cannot hear the term "My Rights" or "Your Rights" etc, without, in my mind hearing, with my loud, funny internal voice MEYE RYE-EETS!!!!!!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Textbook self-defense.

If someone points a rifle in your face and says he's going to ****ing kill you and that doesn't warrant deadly force, how is this case textbook self-defense?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If someone points a rifle in your face and says he's going to ****ing kill you and that doesn't warrant deadly force, how is this case textbook self-defense?

Because the guy with the knife wasn't just having a bad day, he was bat she-it crazy?:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    how is this case textbook self-defense?

In order to use deadly force an individual must be in a place that he has a right to be and must have a reasonable belief of serious bodily injury or death.

Someone screaming at me with a knife closing the distance meets that textbook test.

Blackletter self-defense case.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In order to use deadly force an individual must be in a place that he has a right to be and must have a reasonable belief of serious bodily injury or death.

Someone screaming at me with a knife closing the distance meets that textbook test.

Blackletter self-defense case.

So would I have a right to self defense if a guy pointed a rifle in my face in a public place while screaming that he was going to ****ing kill me?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So would I have a right to self defense if a guy pointed a rifle in my face in a public place while screaming that he was going to ****ing kill me?

Is it reasonable to believe him? Is it reasonable to believe that it is a real firearm and not a Pop Tart? Is it reasonable to assume you are not under arrest (not a uniformed officer pointing the gun at you)?

Self-defense is always fact sensitive but if so, sure thing.

Top Bottom