Predict the 1st Banning for uncivil behavior in the new Religious Threads...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    No, my point is only one concept can be true. We won't know until we die.
    What a dreadfully boring world of absolutes you must live in then! I am more in the mind of infinite possibilities being present, and simultaneous situations may exist (related to afterlife or just everyday life). As for what's after, no one can claim to know, but I quite like the idea presented in Supernatural where each person has their own ideal reality or in Buffy where any number of dimensions of happiness exist for the person afterwards (to quote pop-culture). Or there could be absolute nothingness. Only one truth could be your perspective, but it doesn't make it everyone's truth.

More than one truth can exist in many ways. People often pride themselves in living in a world of absolutes, but personally I find the world more interesting when one explores it with a mind open to any possibility. Our world is a strange one for sure.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What a dreadfully boring world of absolutes you must live in then! I am more in the mind of infinite possibilities being present, and simultaneous situations may exist (related to afterlife or just everyday life). As for what's after, no one can claim to know, but I quite like the idea presented in Supernatural where each person has their own ideal reality or in Buffy where any number of dimensions of happiness exist for the person afterwards (to quote pop-culture). Or there could be absolute nothingness. Only one truth could be your perspective, but it doesn't make it everyone's truth.

Exactly what I was getting at.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

More than one truth can exist in many ways. People often pride themselves in living in a world of absolutes, but personally I find the world more interesting when one explores it with a mind open to any possibility. Our world is a strange one for sure.

Exactly where I was going to head, but 1s1k got there first. And very well done at that!

Why would a creator of infinite attributes (power, wisdom, knowledge, vision, whatever you choose to apply here) create an afterlife of only 1 absolute, to which all must submit? My thought is that afterlives could well be as diverse as those who believe in them--keeping in mind that believing in nothing after death IS a type of afterlife belief.

If these ideas are anywhere close, then EVERYONE's beliefs could well be true...for them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Exactly where I was going to head, but 1s1k got there first. And very well done at that!

Why would a creator of infinite attributes (power, wisdom, knowledge, vision, whatever you choose to apply here) create an afterlife of only 1 absolute, to which all must submit? My thought is that afterlives could well be as diverse as those who believe in them--keeping in mind that believing in nothing after death IS a type of afterlife belief.

If these ideas are anywhere close, then EVERYONE's beliefs could well be true...for them.

Brilliant, both you and 1S1K. :+1:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I want to come back as a cat in my next life. :popcorn:
    So did Stuart Scott
    i-see-what-you-did-there-also-over-here.jpg

Attachments

• i-see-what-you-did-there-also-over-here.jpg
      i-see-what-you-did-there-also-over-here.jpg
      41 KB · Views: 1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Amen. That's all I'm saying too. Keep your Beliefs to yourself and out of my government
    I don't mind of you don't keep your belief to yourself, but definitely don't legislate it.

Brilliant, both you and 1S1K. :+1:

Eh, I don't care. Whatever. Something. Nothing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sure, infinite possibilities exist. But... There is only one thing that will happen when we die. Maybe it's a blend of a few current concepts, maybe it's absolutely nothing but the end. But either way, there is only one thing and I don't believe we have any say in what the afterlife is. How could we? I do believe as a Christian we can alter which part of the afterlife we end up in though.

Exactly what I was getting at.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Oh boy, I'm about to "come out" again: I'm of the opinion that those who do not believe in a Higher Power simply have not delved deep enough into the miracle of the human body and life itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom