Premium Grade ARs - Your preferred brand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not from this thread. But favorite, a guy talking about his AR expertise with his Noveske in 300blk while in another thread stating he hasn't shot 500 rounds through it.
    Lol yep. Or in another thread a guy saying .300 blackout isn't good past 300 yards but he's read up on it and knows what he's talking about. lol.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Just reading through the comments it's clear who talks a lot of smack but really knows dick about AR's or ever had used one past a 25 yard or 100 yard range trip or popping off a few mags at bubba's farm.

Why so condescending bro? Im assuming by your comments that you know everything about ARs? And shooting on "Bubbas" farm is better than nothing, probably where a lot of INGOers got their start

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why so condescending bro? Im assuming by your comments that you know everything about ARs? And shooting on "Bubbas" farm is better than nothing, probably where a lot of INGOers got their start
    I'm sorry I put down bubba's farm. I take that part back. I have no beef with farms or people on them. No one knows everything. I just am over the people who think they know why they're talking about and probably haven't put 4 mags through their own gun, home built or store bought

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I just love the INGO myths and tall tales.

Some more favorites.

45acp is better at stopping bad guys then 308 and 30-06 because the bullet is heavier.
    9mm is better at stopping bad guys because it makes a better power factor.
    FFL's require a safe. For what reason no one knows.
    Giesselle triggers do not have full power springs and have a lighter hammer.
    Some guy telling me a glock wouldn't be on paper at 25 yards but he could hit a 3inch metal plate with his 22 pistol at 75 yards.
    Ruger mini 14 projecitiles magically destabilize past 100 yards.
    Brand X sucks because i bought brand Y.
    Birdshot could take a chapter by itself.

The list could go on forever.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Some guy telling me a glock wouldn't be on paper at 25 yards but he could hit a 3inch metal plate with his 22 pistol at 75 yards.

This one applies to me. I either can't shoot glocks, or every one I've picked up have been turds, but I can't hit like I should/can at 25 yards with them. 22 pistols though, yes, a 3" plate at 75. Not every time, but if the plate has fresh paint on it, 5 times out of 10, sometimes better, some times less

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    This one applies to me. I either can't shoot glocks, or every one I've picked up have been turds, but I can't hit like I should/can at 25 yards with them. 22 pistols though, yes, a 3" plate at 75. Not every time, but if the plate has fresh paint on it, 5 times out of 10, sometimes better, some times less

You should make a video, I would be very impressed at some 3inch groups at 75 yards out of a pistol with irons.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You should make a video, I would be very impressed at some 3inch groups at 75 yards out of a pistol with irons.

If it hits 5 out of 10 shots, it obviously wouldn't be 3 inch groups. It would just be hitting a 3" plate half of the time.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

If it hits 5 out of 10 shots, it obviously wouldn't be 3 inch groups. It would just be hitting a 3" plate half of the time.

Yup, I've papered them before, and some times it just sucks with the inconsistency of 22 ammo. Never tried a 3" white spot on paper before though, it really does help the eye focus.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy

This past Saturday I had the chance to shoot a Nighthawk custom 1911 alongside my Glock. Given our situation we were goofing around and shooting the pistols at ~120 yards at a steel plate that was, I want to say, 24"x24".

My accuracy was no different between the guns. I had about a 50% hit rate with each. It's not the gun bro :):

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011

If he hits more or less 50% of the time surely there will be some awesome 3-5 shot groups correct?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This past Saturday I had the chance to shoot a Nighthawk custom 1911 alongside my Glock. Given our situation we were goofing around and shooting the pistols at ~120 yards at a steel plate that was, I want to say, 24"x24".

My accuracy was no different between the guns. I had about a 50% hit rate with each. It's not the gun bro :):

But, without papering the individual guns, the Nighthawk and the Glock, you just don't know. The glock could be a 2 foot gun at 120 yards, the Nighthawk could (probably should) be half of that.

Furthest I've ever shot with a handgun and made contact, shooting a similar sized target, was 230 yards, and that was with irons. I can shoot pistols, and shoot them well, glocks to me have never been accurate. 19, 17, 21, 29, 26, 43, and whatever other models I've shot before; after a while you just start to accept glock accuracy is 10 yards. Given there are so many out there, it's just probability that some shoot well. I've still yet to find that one though.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    But, without papering the individual guns, the Nighthawk and the Glock, you just don't know. The glock could be a 2 foot gun at 120 yards, the Nighthawk could (probably should) be half of that.

Furthest I've ever shot with a handgun and made contact, shooting a similar sized target, was 230 yards, and that was with irons. I can shoot pistols, and shoot them well, glocks to me have never been accurate. 19, 17, 21, 29, 26, 43, and whatever other models I've shot before; after a while you just start to accept glock accuracy is 10 yards. Given there are so many out there, it's just probability that some shoot well. I've still yet to find that one though.

Mechanical accuracy of a glock is 2 inches at 50 yards. All quality pistols are roughly the same. So when people start talking about shooting at that edge of mechanical limits it becomes comical.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom