Premium Grade ARs - Your preferred brand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Agreed. That's outrageous for a quad rail. There's plenty of proven good rails out there (some arguably better) that cost a fraction of the cost.

Comes down to the age old saying, you think something is too expensive.....either don't buy it or make a better one, better machined, and better quality at a cheaper price

Noveske NSR rails are simple but cost a good amount. Geiselle rails aren't cheap.

Daniel Defense rails are nice and I really like the attention to detail. Personally I like Seekins/Spikes rails the most, then Fortis, but DD rails are nice

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    You can probably guess my opinion, but to me those premium ARs (JP) are for guys that buy it and leave it in the safe. BCM makes stuff that you are supposed to beat all to hell and shoot, not safe queens. My build right here was sub 2k including optics. All BCM too.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Finding exactly what you want might take a couple ARs worth of buying an selling. It did for me but I ended up with a finished product I love and will keep. Just keep experimenting and you'll find one you love. The guys on here are exactly right, 1500 can get you a really nice AR. I don't consider DD as a "premium" AR just because they're workhorses like Noveske and BCM.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    You can probably guess my opinion, but to me those premium ARs (JP) are for guys that buy it and leave it in the safe. BCM makes stuff that you are supposed to beat all to hell and shoot, not safe queens. My build right here was sub 2k including optics. All BCM too.
    guys like Kyle lamb.

Jbiggs556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Noveske is top notch, not far behind are BCM and Daniel Defense I have owned/ own all 3 and they are all extremely close in quality. I haven't seen many post John Noveske rifles from them I hope they are keeping up the quality and service they once had.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    You won't go wrong with a BCM. Fantastic guns for the money. They don't go for the fancy stuff, just what works, and do one fine job at it making the best quality you can get for the money IMO. Other great rifles in that price range are Daniel Defense, LMT, Knights, Noveskes are probably up there a bit. I'd get a BCM and have a great rifle with plenty left over for optics and accessories. BCM doesn't mess around with crap on their guns, they just make what works.

Top Bottom