• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've been lubing locks for years. It keeps them from freezing in the winter and they all function well.

Lubes don't "attract" dirt, but whatever dirt that gets in there can stick to it.

Thats what I meant. instead of moving on when the grit gets in there, it sticks.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thats what I meant. instead of moving on when the grit gets in there, it sticks.

Heh! I edited after you quoted, sorry!

Yeah, I suppose my locks aren't exposed to that much crud. I suppose some lubes if you left them to dry and never reapplied they would get a little gummy after a while.

I don't know what locksmiths would say. It's possible it's like the ongoing debate of lubing ARs in the southwest Asian deserts. Some say keep them dry to keep it from "attracting" grit and some say keep it wet with lube and lube will float the crud out.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My wife called me and said windows wouldn't open.

I told her to pour some warm water and try again.

She said it didn't fix it, but the whole computer won't work now.

:dunno:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Forgot about the impending doom of the ice storm and made the mistake of stopping at Kroger on the way home...WOW. Just wow. My quick "grab a couple of things..." turned into an hour or so of random human moments: woman talking LOUDLY about how crowded it is while driving cart through store (lost walmart shopper), family shopping where little boy can't walk on right side of isle while chewing gum and playing video game (he wasn't even blond!), same well dressed man in suit clearly lost and very, very confused on nearly every isle I went down.

I had to purchase milk, eggs, and bread just to blend in...

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is not going to be a storm according to the local weather guessers. Mainly south of indy unless something has changed in the last few hours.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Forgot about the impending doom of the ice storm and made the mistake of stopping at Kroger on the way home...WOW. Just wow. My quick "grab a couple of things..." turned into an hour or so of random human moments: woman talking LOUDLY about how crowded it is while driving cart through store (lost walmart shopper), family shopping where little boy can't walk on right side of isle while chewing gum and playing video game (he wasn't even blond!), same well dressed man in suit clearly lost and very, very confused on nearly every isle I went down.

I had to purchase milk, eggs, and bread just to blend in...
    lmfao

Wife had the same experience. We also shop Kroger to avoid the Walmart faithful.
    My friend said he was going to sell loafs of bread for $50 each in the Parking lot. Lol.
    he wouldn't really but since this isn't an actual emergency and unprepared and just plain stupid people are panicking, I find it funny as hell.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    lmfao

Wife had the same experience. We also shop Kroger to avoid the Walmart faithful.
    My friend said he was going to sell loafs of bread for $50 each in the Parking lot. Lol.
    he wouldn't really but since this isn't an actual emergency and unprepared and just plain stupid people are panicking, I find it funny as hell.

Me too. :laugh:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey guys, I've got 32 extra cases of beer that I may not need, if someone wants to trade a loaf of bread, dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk, it's almost breakfast, and I can't make French toast!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lmfao

Those who choose the hand to mouth life style are panic stricken at the mere mention of been trapped at home.

Top Bottom