• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My salting of the driveway and sidewalk produced mixed results. It still got icey and super slippery even though I had the salt down well before the rain arrived. UGH.

I didn't go out past my porch or try to navigate roads.

Probably going out this afternoon, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My salting of the driveway and sidewalk produced mixed results. It still got icey and super slippery even though I had the salt down well before the rain arrived. UGH.

I didn't go out past my porch or try to navigate roads.

Probably going out this afternoon, though.

Timing is everything. Too soon and it washes away. Too late and you bust your butt spreading it. LOL

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Timing is everything. Too soon and it washes away. Too late and you bust your butt spreading it. LOL

Yeah, I didn't think I'd be able to time it right, so I went for early.

And if you're too, too late, then you need something walking/rolling over it to provide the energy for the ice to melt (unless it's relatively warm).

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've not salted for a long time. I keep a bucket of sand on the front porch and toss it over the ice. Works well for traction and helps collect the sun and melt it.

Once it melts, I sweep it into the yard. Doesn't affect the plants and concrete like salt does.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've not salted for a long time. I keep a bucket of sand on the front porch and toss it over the ice. Works well for traction and helps collect the sun and melt it.

Once it melts, I sweep it into the yard. Doesn't affect the plants and concrete like salt does.

My mom did the same, but with Kitty Litter. After falling, having a spiral break in her leg, and laying on the ground in the freezing cold until a neighbor getting in his car heard her cries for help, she now uses salt.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    is it safe to go out yet???

I am almost out of supplies.

iu

https://smile.amazon.com/Tuscan-Dai...y&ie=UTF8&qid=1484595046&sr=1-1&keywords=milk
    https://smile.amazon.com/Hostess-Wh...?ie=UTF8&qid=1484594993&sr=8-2&keywords=bread
    https://smile.amazon.com/GRASS-NON-...y&ie=UTF8&qid=1484595037&sr=1-1&keywords=eggs

Top Bottom