• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It seems like all of this should be directed at Kirk. He could use help understanding that following alternative medicine and natural living doesn't make a person "anti-science."

And what am I supposed to be backing up? I asked a question of Kirk, who is making claims.

No, it was directed to the appropriate personnel. ;) You only want to seem to accept the validity of scientific endeavors when they support your causes.

It is not an observation limited to the comments you have made in this thread.

EDIT: due to the server work, this appears out of order (at least to me) and is supposed to be a response to Post #22.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We could be talking about somebody wanting to eat food that hasn't been chemically treated. Right on cue, in comes Kirk Freeman talking about magic dances and making fun of celebrities.

Organic food is extremely dangerous, but what does that have to do with the beneficial effects of radiation?

You forgot the part of your claim that I requested evidence of.

"For a lifetime."

You forgot that you have the evidence of a lifetime of glaucoma free living, both in mice and men.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    making fun of celebrities

For the record I make fun of all air-headed celebrities and their nonsense Natural Living nonsense equally whether it is using the power of the mind to power private jets, curing autism, saying other countries are "off oil" or any of the hippy dippy crap that they feel they can get away with.

After several decades swimming in the martial arts/yoga/supplements and dating women who think that veganism is their faith tradition I have earned such a right.:D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    LOL, science is what helps prove your side of the argument just as much as the other. Unless you want to admit to making claims you can't back up.
    It seems like all of this should be directed at Kirk. He could use help understanding that following alternative medicine and natural living doesn't make a person "anti-science."

And what am I supposed to be backing up? I asked a question of Kirk, who is making claims.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's not a claim. A claim is crystals cure warts or Head Alternative Scientist and Natural Living Promoter Jenny McCarthy saying that she has cured Autism.

Radiation prevents Glaucoma is not a claim but rather an observation of science.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's not a claim. A claim is crystals cure warts or Head Alternative Scientist and Natural Living Promoter Jenny McCarthy saying that she has cured Autism.
    Do you realize how often you use the strawman tactic?? I mean seriously.

We could be talking about somebody wanting to eat food that hasn't been chemically treated. Right on cue, in comes Kirk Freeman talking about magic dances and making fun of celebrities.

Radiation prevents Glaucoma is not a claim but rather an observation of science.
    You forgot the part of your claim that I requested evidence of.

"For a lifetime."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oddly enough I was talking to an ophthalmologist about a glaucoma patient when I saw this. Heh.

Did he tell you to mash eggplant up and smear it over the patient at the next New Moon?

If he did not, is he really an ophthalmologist and why does he hate freedom?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is there a point to this thread?

I should make some kirk threads too.

Title: Electricity Used to Produce Light in a Lightbulb

"Despite what the hysterical media wants you to think, electricity is actually very good for you."

Are you really this simple? I have a hard time believing it, but you're doing a good job of convincing me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Enough of the eyeball jokes. Too close to home.:laugh:

Is there a point to this thread?

To bring to light advances in science and medicine which I have done for a long time on INGO. I find them interesting and perhaps some other members on INGO who follow science will enjoy them. The anti-science lobby is free to comment as well.

Title: Electricity Used to Produce Light in a Lightbulb

"Despite what the hysterical media wants you to think, electricity is actually very good for you."

You want me to comment on the electricity hysteria of 100 years ago?

There was "science", no doubt put forth by one of Jenny McCarthy's ancestors, that electricity would sneak out of the sockets and kill you. Electrical wires were ripped out of buildings overnight.

Anti-science hysteria has a very long history.:)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Enough of the eyeball jokes. Too close to home.:laugh:

To bring to light advances in science and medicine which I have done for a long time on INGO. I find them interesting and perhaps some other members on INGO who follow science will enjoy them. The anti-science lobby is free to comment as well.

You want me to comment on the electricity hysteria of 100 years ago?

There was "science", no doubt put forth by one of Jenny McCarthy's ancestors, that electricity would sneak out of the sockets and kill you. Electrical wires were ripped out of buildings overnight.

Anti-science hysteria has a very long history.:)

Sorry, forgot about the eye work you had done. How are they functioning for you these days? But seriously, if you had had them removed you would not have to worry about problems with them:D

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    There is the Radiation Hormesis hypothesis. Not believed by all, but some. Kirk beat me by 5 minutes while I was posting.

I understand the concept of homeostasis theory, it's just that the concept is :bs:.
    Evidentiary claims require evidentiary evidence. Prove it.
    I can prove, as can anyone, that too much ultraviolet radiation is bad for you. As is ionizing radiation, hence the need for an atmosphere so cosmic and gamma rays don't destroy our soft, weak tissues and organs.

Prove it. Grandiose wishful thinking aside, please prove that radiation is helpful and safe for human beings at any threshold. Or, even easier to do, prove that any level above background is helpful or safe or beneficial to human beings in general. If this is patently true, this merely requires some simple scientific experiments. Prove it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As is ionizing radiation, hence the need for an atmosphere so cosmic and gamma rays don't destroy our soft, weak tissues and organs.

You mean it doesn't turn us into the Hulk?

please prove that radiation is helpful and safe for human beings at any threshold.

I just did, read the first post. Radiation prevents glaucoma and it is helpful and safe.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Radiation cures early stage cancers, releives pain in metastatic cancer patients giving them a better quality of life if not extending their life when ever possible.
    The great A/C electric scare is why Edison made the first electric chair to run off of A/C current since he was pushing D/C current for homes at the time.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I bet the population surrounding Chernobyl had strikingly low rates of glaucoma.

Of course, it's hard to know for certain since so many of them were killed by radiation.

Top Bottom