• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Reading SRM were running oversized. Graf's was going to run stock out and not reorder. FWIW I haven't figured out how to quote from another source yet.
    Genix is definitely a tad larger than. CCI - you definitely need to apply more force to seat them. I loaded my first 100 last night. My long term verdict is out until I have loaded many more

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    $165 for 1k primers! Seriously? Call out the company gouging like that and boycott that seller across the board! :nono:
    I agree. Those are crazy prices. I just Googled CCI 450 primers and found $95/1000 here(just the first hit that came up.)

I also see them in stock here for $79.50/1000.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Genix is definitely a tad larger than. CCI - you definitely need to apply more force to seat them. I loaded my first 100 last night. My long term verdict is out until I have loaded many more
    I've run a few thou of the Genix SRP with no seating issues.
    But, I process all of my brass, and that includes either swedging or cutting the primer pockets to a standard size.
    Short runs of 100 to 250 rds I just use a cutter in a battery Dewalt.

You can buy cutters in all price ranges.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I've run a few thou of the Genix SRP with no seating issues.
    But, I process all of my brass, and that includes either swedging or cutting the primer pockets to a standard size.
    Short runs of 100 to 250 rds I just use a cutter in a battery Dewalt.

You can buy cutters in all price ranges.

That's a pretty nifty little tool. I do have a bench-mounted Dillon pocket swagger and I'm on the lookout for crimped primer pockets, which I find occasionally. Does this tool swage crimped pockets, or does it just square-off the shape of the pocket?

On the Genix primers being tight to seat ... the primer pockets of the brass I loaded the other night were normal (not crimped) but the force to seat the primers was noticeably greater than CCI primers. I just grabbed calipers and measured the diameter of CCI primers and Genix primers. I'm stunned - they are the same diameter. There must be some other force in play here.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That's a pretty nifty little tool. I do have a bench-mounted Dillon pocket swagger and I'm on the lookout for crimped primer pockets, which I find occasionally. Does this tool swage crimped pockets, or does it just square-off the shape of the pocket?

On the Genix primers being tight to seat ... the primer pockets of the brass I loaded the other night were normal (not crimped) but the force to seat the primers was noticeably greater than CCI primers. I just grabbed calipers and measured the diameter of CCI primers and Genix primers. I'm stunned - they are the same diameter. There must be some other force in play here.
    Mine does not, but many out there will do both. I would say the primer cup is a more sturdy?? metal.
    I swedge most of what I process with a 8 station Dillon, I have a Dillon single swedger but I haven't used it for awhile now.
    You can look at there style of tools also.
    I have a hand cutter on my bench that works very well. I bought it from another member here,
    I cant think of the name of it and I will post a name and pic of it tomorrow when I'm in the shop.
    71LWZ6uVDzL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

This is the one that sits on my loading bench. The tool head spins as you oscillate it around. It does a good job.
    Cery well made tool, Made by Little Crow.

20231002_103740.jpg

20231002_103813.jpg

Top Bottom