• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I watched the video of the operations manager of Vista outdoors. They own CCI Winchester and now Remington ammo division. He said outright all the primer production will be going to factory loaded ammunition. Make no mistake you will not see USA made primers in the stores at normal pricing until the ammo shortage is well behind us...Sad but true..seems like a crappy way to treat your reloading customers but supply and demand makes it a business decision. More money to be made selling loaded ammo. When the last shortage hit and I started reloading I bought bricks of primers at 35-45 bucks a brick. Now I could scalp them on gunbroker at 200 a brick...keeping mine though. Its a lesson Buy deep in good times if you can. Thats not a brick or two its 10 or 20 over time. At the rate I shoot I can make it 2 or 3 years with out worry.
    With all that said I dont want to come off as bragging or preaching. Just know it will happen again. Take a lesson

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    So tell me, what should I ask for some CCI#400 primers? Had been using them for years, but after reading a lot of posts on the Net, switched to '450's and got some improvement in group sizes for three rifles. Got enough .223's loaded up now to last a number of years. Those 400's are taking up space on a shelf now, so what should I ask for them if I so desired to sell them today? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Last edited:

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I watched the video of the operations manager of Vista outdoors. They own CCI Winchester and now Remington ammo division. He said outright all the primer production will be going to factory loaded ammunition. Make no mistake you will not see USA made primers in the stores at normal pricing until the ammo shortage is well behind us...Sad but true..seems like a crappy way to treat your reloading customers but supply and demand makes it a business decision. More money to be made selling loaded ammo. When the last shortage hit and I started reloading I bought bricks of primers at 35-45 bucks a brick. Now I could scalp them on gunbroker at 200 a brick...keeping mine though. Its a lesson Buy deep in good times if you can. Thats not a brick or two its 10 or 20 over time. At the rate I shoot I can make it 2 or 3 years with out worry.
    With all that said I dont want to come off as bragging or preaching. Just know it will happen again. Take a lesson

PM sent for brick pricing :stickpoke:

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    So tell me, what should I ask for some CCI#400 primers? Had been using then for years, but after reading a lot of posts on the Net, Switched to '450's and got some improvement in group sizes for three rifles. Got enough .223's loaded up now to last a number of years. Those 400's are taking up space on a shelf now, so what should I ask for them if I so desired to sell them today? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row.

If selling to a fellow former Corporal of Marines? I dunno, maybe three packets of Jalepeño Cheese spread, a banana nut muffin top and a Woobie (poncho liner)?

In all seriousness though, PM me if you figure out a price, please. I’m still looking for some more 400’s to cushion the winter reloading season.

Not ACTUALLY looking for special pricing, but I DO have some extra Jalepeño cheese spread packets if it’ll soften the blow a little bit :naughty:

Top Bottom