Production class - gentlemen start your dremels?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Show me the rule that says you can make the opening wider laterally. 22.4 only authorized longitudinally. In the specific example given, the stock magwell opening was already pretty wide and from the photos didn't appear to been made wider than stock; however the inside of the magwell had an angle that was smoothed out. that's why in my original post I said it looked legal for that gun. Other guns, maybe not. I would not take the argument smoothing out the INSIDE of the magwell allows you make the OPENING wider (laterally). welcome to open.

-rvb

Mongo just pawn in game of USPSA.

(It was not copy righted and I really liked it when I read it the first time).

If you look at the Sevingy Speedway closely (that Troy sez is kosher) you will note that the opening is widened laterally. Not a lot, but as much as the stock width of material would allow. Don't have the credits or desire to argue what is and ain't allowed, just trying to understand.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    "troy sez" is not a rule.
    had to look up the speedway... appears to internally add material to smooth out inside of the magwell. whether prod legal or not would depend how implemented. if makes side2side wider, no good. if not, good.

e.g. this looks perfectly legal to me...

speed08.jpg

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    e.g. this looks perfectly legal to me...

Side edges on left picture are more sharp side edges on right are more rounded, material has been removed. Filling in the hole appears to add function which seems like it would violate 22.2 .

Again, I really don't care what is allowed, just like to understand. If folks have sent their guns off for the Sevingy mod and then start getting bumped to open that could make for interesting discussion :) .

Top Bottom