• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    Well when you go somewhere for almost 4 years without incident, you may begin to feel safe there as I have. Also, for those who want to carry are deterred by the fact that students are not allowed to carry on campus even though they should be...

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Photo of perp being arrested, from IndyStar link:
    attachment.php

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I wonder how many innocent lives must be lost for anti-gunners to realize that we need campus carry laws. Some students ignore the rule, and carry to protect themselves. But so many are scared about being expelled, that they are left defenseless against their will.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The only concern I have with students CCing is if you did have an active shooter situation, multiple CCers would respond and I am at least a little concerned about one person with a weapon seeing another with a weapon and an exchange of gunfire coming from a misidentification during a highly stressful event.

How realistic is that? Dunno. But it seems like a legitimate concern...

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My daughter is a senior, and was on lockdown two buildings away. She just got home and has been texting friends in EE. The word from students, unconfirmed, is there is one fatality. Again, unconfirmed info in a very emotionally driven situation.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    The only concern I have with students CCing is if you did have an active shooter situation, multiple CCers would respond and I am at least a little concerned about one person with a weapon seeing another with a weapon and an exchange of gunfire coming from a misidentification during a highly stressful event.

a very real concern i keep in mind when i carry and think about responding to a situation although i feel in this situation your biggest concern would be police responding more than other ccers

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

In other words, the same concerns you would have for carrying anywhere?

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Two plainclothes officers were attending class in Knoy Hall at the time.

I hope they were either armed, or able to expedite the response.

According to the scanner feed, they are ISP officers and are armed. They also sheltered in place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    According to the scanner feed, they are ISP officers and are armed. They also sheltered in place.

I'm 100% against "shelter in place". Makes every person in there a sitting duck. A locked door doesn't mean you're safe.

This isn't a school, it's a business. These adults should be free to escape a potential spree killing.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'm 100% against "shelter in place". Makes every person in there a sitting duck. A locked door doesn't mean you're safe.

This isn't a school, it's a business. These adults should be free to escape a potential spree killing.

Tactically, There are both pros and cons to "sheltering in place" More targets for shooter, but less confusion with people running out or trying to. If you lock down a whole building and secure every hallway systematically, then the shooter is restricted to 1 room to cause damage, IF he cannot move between rooms. If everyone is running down hallways a hail of 1/2 way aimed bullets can find dozens or more victims.

I'm not 100% against nor for this tactic, but I am 100% for carrying with LTCH on College campuses. I would like to mention that it is not against state law to carry a handgun, with LTCH, on a college campus here in Indiana, it is only against the college rules.

Top Bottom