• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some years back I awoke to my wife screaming, shrieking really, from the living room. It was in the wee hours, she couldn't sleep, and was watching TV when an intruder ran into the room.

I came wide-awake, grabbed my Hi Power, and in my boxer shorts tacticooled my way into an intervening room. I could see part of the living room, but not her, just hear her. I pie-sliced my way around a corner -- she was standing on the couch while the cats chased the intruding mouse all over the living room. I traded in the pistol for a broom and joined them.

It's funny now but in the how-ever-many seconds it took to positively ID the "intruder" I was quite ready to shoot someone. It was an intense few seconds.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Some years back I awoke to my wife screaming, shrieking really, from the living room. It was in the wee hours, she couldn't sleep, and was watching TV when an intruder ran into the room.

I came wide-awake, grabbed my Hi Power, and in my boxer shorts tacticooled my way into an intervening room. I could see part of the living room, but not her, just hear her. I pie-sliced my way around a corner -- she was standing on the couch while the cats chased the intruding mouse all over the living room. I traded in the pistol for a broom and joined them.

It's funny now but in the how-ever-many seconds it took to positively ID the "intruder" I was quite ready to shoot someone. It was an intense few seconds.

Did you carry this Hi-point in a fobus holster? Guessing you had a mullet and drove a Camaro?

Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    LMAO Well looks like I need a new keyboard now. I doubt this one will work too well once the Pepsi I just sprayed all over it while laughing at these last couple posts dries.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have been carrying, since I was 21..... Now 58..... How many people have I killed ????? ZERO.
    Shot ????? ZERO.
    Pulled my firearm..... ZERO.
    I thank God, EVERYDAY !!!!!

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Good situational awareness pays off, I had a pretty crazy past(lucky to have my 2nd ammendment rights) and while I'm not proud of of it I think it helps me to avoid a lot of situations that could be a threat.

My wife was raised differently and thinks I'm paranoid sometimes but I hope she can continue to think I'm paranoid the rest of our days.

But to answer the OP I have never used a firearm in self defense but have been held at gunpoint over a MC territory dispute, glad those days are over.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Does Desert storm count? The only time I had to pull the gun out in civilian life, was when I was working for Uncle Sam. In an empty parking lot, a few dudes surround a car actually a station wagon. I could see a young mother and her child strapped in the car seat in the back. She looked terrified. I turned on my high beam at them, walked out with the pistol in my hand. And the parking lot light lit up my badge, the dudes saw my gun and my badge, made a quick run for their lives. I walked up to the car and asked if she was all right, she thanked me and I told her be more careful next time. I didn't have to shoot anyone.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    I've never had to fire a gun at a human, and really don't want to unless it's absolutely necessary.

I did use a rifle to stop a neighbor from attacking my father with a 4 ft. aluminum level about 35 years ago. All it took was the neighbor seeing me on the front porch with rifle in hand. Of course, the sheriff was called. No charges were filed. Things quieted down for quite a while after that.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'll decline to talk about experiences here in the US, but when I lived in Africa (where I was not permitted to carry a firearm), I had to use a knife to defend myself twice, once against thieves and once against wild dogs.

It made me INCREDIBLY grateful to be able to carry a firearm in America!:patriot:

Top Bottom