• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Check out Holosun. I believe they make the RDs for Primary Arms and others. Thier HS503 line has a reticle similar to EOtech, but much cheaper.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    My favorite is the reflex type red dot sight. I bought a vortex venom, added a pistol sight plate, ADM QD mount and 3/4" raiser.

I have been use it on various guns from 9mm pistol to AR to 22, all have good results. More versatile than my Aimpoint.

I paid $180 shipped.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I decided to get the Vortex Strike Fire II after several recommendations/ reading positive reviews. Called up A&A optics, placed the order. I also made sure to thank them for advertising here on INgo and that is the reason I chose them rather than zipping to Gander Mtn to buy for the same price.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So I decided to get the Vortex Strike Fire II after several recommendations/ reading positive reviews. Called up A&A optics, placed the order. I also made sure to thank them for advertising here on INgo and that is the reason I chose them rather than zipping to Gander Mtn to buy for the same price.

Its much appreciated sir.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Bushnell TRS-25

I support this one. While you are at it, order a quick release kit. The factory mount uses a steel screw with an aluminum clamping piece. You may strip out the threads. The quick release one uses steel on steel so you don't accidentally strip out the clamp and you don't need a tool to put it on and off.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What are some quality budget friendly optics options? I'm looking for something under $300. This would be used on an AR. Looked at some stuff from Vortex today but honestly never used a red dot before and not sure what features to look for
    Get a Used aimpoint compM2. You can get them in cosmetically challenged but working condition all the time for under 300.
    id contact sheepdoggear. He's a member here and a good guy that will set you up with what you need. Don't compromise on your optics. You'll eventualy regret it

Mattdville16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2016
    Lizton
    I like my Burris 536 paid a little over 300 but I wanted a decent amount of power but could also use for close range with no problems.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Vortex seems to be my go to. Reasonably priced, great service and I've yet to be disappointed with any of their optics all the way down to the copperhead on my 300blk

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I finally found some time to get it mounted on my AR and boresighted it at 25yrds using one of those .223 chamber lasers. I haven't gotten to shoot with it yet but I'm diggin the wide field of view and the ability to quickly pick up the dot when I shoulder the gun with both eyes open. Now I just gotta get out and zero it in. I also like the co witness ability without having to change gun mount position or cheek weld etc. Stoked to get out & try it

Top Bottom