• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    i have been going through this same dilemma for months and after god knows how many hours i went with the holosun. quality is there and ive seen videos of people that have broke the glass (no fault of holosun) and called their customer service just to see what happened and got a new red dot shipped to the with paid shipping on the old. that in itself sold me on holoson and for a third of the price as a aimpoint micro ill take my chances

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If you zero at 25 you will be on at 100.

My red dots are home defense so 25 yds work. I have a bore Laser and set them up that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's possible to zero at 25 and be zeroed at 100 also for an AR. I've always heard of a "50/200" zero-- bullet passes through 50 on the way up and 200 on the way down.

dfy9jf6t9p.jpg

So if you move the "near zero" closer (from 50 to 25), then the "far zero" would get farther-- probably 250 or so.

But I supposed it depends on what is meant by being "on". If that means minute-of-bad-guy then I'm sure it would be fine.

Attachments

• dfy9jf6t9p.jpg
      dfy9jf6t9p.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 1

Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    I am not the OP, but I was getting ready to start my own thread for Micro RDS's when I came across this. Great information everyone! It looks like Holosun and Vortex are the primary inexpensive forerunners.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Just ordered an HS510C after looking at the reviews. I liked the Meprolight Trudot RDS (or something like that), but the price creeped up around $40 and I wanted the circle/dot for my shotgun. $285, shipped, at opticsplanet with one of those youtube 5% discount codes.

Top Bottom