• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    As someone who has prescription glasses what are some good recommended safety glasses. I have looked around at a few places but haven't found any that fit over glasses.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Most safety supply shops, etc. have safety glasses that fit over regular eyeglasses.

I just had a specific pair made for work / shooting, etc. Every pair of prescription eyeglasses I own have 'safety' lenses, just not side shields.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    In the construction industry as long as you have safety lenses in them you just have to have side shields on them to be considered safe. If it works on a job site it works at the range IMO.

Here is an image for reference:
    Flexible%20Side%20Shields.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Didn't know you could get safety lenses in regular frames. I'll have to look into that at my next appointment.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Didn't know you could get safety lenses in regular frames. I'll have to look into that at my next appointment.

The plant I work in, that's their policy as well. If they're safety lenses (polycarbonate), you just have to snap on some side shields, and you're good to go.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The plant I work in, that's their policy as well. If they're safety lenses (polycarbonate), you just have to snap on some side shields, and you're good to go.

This. As long as your lenses are made from polycarbonate the lenses are 'safety rated'. If you want to go fully monty, get a frame that is safety rated also. I've used the polycarbonate lenses for many years. Have had shell cases bounce off them without a problem.
    Luckily I haven't had to test them against anything stouter.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My father has a pair of Oakley safety glasses that he likes which are prescription. They are expensive but nice.

Has anyone ever had difficulty with their shooting glasses fogging up?

I have a pair that are fine if I wear inside. If I go outside while it's cold to shoot or hunt, I have trouble with my glasses fogging.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Has anyone ever had difficulty with their shooting glasses fogging up?

I have a pair that are fine if I wear inside. If I go outside while it's cold to shoot or hunt, I have trouble with my glasses fogging.

I will trade you. Mine fog up inside but are fine outside.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

THIS! I have a brand new pair of their Suppressor frames. AMAZING glasses. and they have prescription inserts that will go behind the impact resistant lens. So you can get the script frames, get them made by your eye doc, then be able to change to any protective lens you want that day whether you are in the indoor range or out in the sun.

Cross-Seriesâ„¢ - ESS Eye Pro - Ballistic Goggles - Ballistic Sunglasses - Military Eyewear - Eye Protection – Shooting Glasses
    Rx For Goggles & Eyeshields - ESS Products - ESS Eye Pro - Ballistic Goggles - Ballistic Sunglasses - Military Eyewear - Eye Protection – Shooting Glasses

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This. As long as your lenses are made from polycarbonate the lenses are 'safety rated'. If you want to go fully monty, get a frame that is safety rated also. I've used the polycarbonate lenses for many years. Have had shell cases bounce off them without a problem.
    Luckily I haven't had to test them against anything stouter.
    Ah, yeah I've got polycarbonate. I didn't know it was considered safety rated.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I can't help you on where to get a pair, my employer paid for mine which is seamless bi-focal.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I wear Rx glasses and don't wear any kind of safety glasses over them. If I practice at the range, why wear glasses over glasses. I've had some brass eject at my face but I ignore it and keep shooting. It's bad enough I have to wear ear protectors that are pretty tight and can alter the way my glasses fit. I'm looking into ear plugs but haven't tried any yet. Also, if you OC or CC, are you going to carry/wear your safety glasses?

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I wear Rx glasses and don't wear any kind of safety glasses over them. If I practice at the range, why wear glasses over glasses. I've had some brass eject at my face but I ignore it and keep shooting. It's bad enough I have to wear ear protectors that are pretty tight and can alter the way my glasses fit. I'm looking into ear plugs but haven't tried any yet. Also, if you OC or CC, are you going to carry/wear your safety glasses?
    I thought you had to if you went to most ranges. I have only been to one that is shoot at your own risk but have been looking at going to an indoor range as the weather gets cooler

Top Bottom