• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Thinking about picking up a Kimber Custom II and building it up to resemble the Kimber ICQB. However I noticed some Kimbers have external extractors now and some don't? I personally would prefer to get one with an internal extractor as all the 1911's I've had previously were internal. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Kimber still makes their 1911's with internal or have they gone with just external extractors?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Forces_Special_Operations_Command

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the earlier Kimbers had external extractors but newer manufacture have the internal (Got this tidbit from a seller at a gun show a few years ago when I asked the same thing so I hope its correct) The external is actually the original John Browning design FYI

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Kimber stopped making them with the external extractor 5 or 6 years ago, they were having way to many problems with them (and they had only made them for a year or two, some time during the mid 2000's). Stay away from the external extractor Kimbers.

Top Bottom