• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Thinking about picking up a Kimber Custom II and building it up to resemble the Kimber ICQB. However I noticed some Kimbers have external extractors now and some don't? I personally would prefer to get one with an internal extractor as all the 1911's I've had previously were internal. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Kimber still makes their 1911's with internal or have they gone with just external extractors?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Forces_Special_Operations_Command

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the earlier Kimbers had external extractors but newer manufacture have the internal (Got this tidbit from a seller at a gun show a few years ago when I asked the same thing so I hope its correct) The external is actually the original John Browning design FYI

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Kimber stopped making them with the external extractor 5 or 6 years ago, they were having way to many problems with them (and they had only made them for a year or two, some time during the mid 2000's). Stay away from the external extractor Kimbers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom