• ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Uncle Sam says, "If it is warm blooded, and fur bearing, it is fit to eat."

If it was me, I'd soak it a couple of days in salt water or the cider vinegar mix....then I'd bone it. Boil the meat for an hour or so, until tender. Roll that in some Andy's Cajun breading and fry it in peanut oil like a fish filet. Serve it with mashed tates and some kind of gravy and maybe a pile of green beans and corn.

see i thought about making a couple country fried steak style things with it smothered in white gravey and then run the rest in BBQ roasted in the oven

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    The absolute best way to prepare coon is on a charcoal grill using indirect cooking. Try and keep the grill temperature about 275-300 and let it cook for at least an hour and half using a garlic salt and paprika dry rub, as much of it as you can get to stick to it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've heard they're best if caught alive, cleaned out inside by a strict diet of corn for a few weeks, then butcher as usual.

The process takes a lot if not all of the greasiness out of it.

Of course catching them alive, and keeping them that way presents challenges all it's own.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard they're best if caught alive, cleaned out inside by a strict diet of corn for a few weeks, then butcher as usual.

The process takes a lot if not all of the greasiness out of it.

Of course catching them alive, and keeping them that way presents challenges all it's own.

Ya think..............:):

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Raccoon is very popular down here in Florida. A buddy of mine actually sells it to guys who take it to the homeless camps and roast it over an open fire. People pay him $25 for a full grown raccoon.

Top Bottom