• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I think a segment or regular guest appearance on someone else's show would be the ticket. If you go it on your own, new content might be hard to come by. You'll be hashing out the same questions over and over from callers who didn't listen the week before. Your class on Indiana gun law is where most of the questions could be answered.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade. I enjoyed the show, but I think it needed more structure. Both questions and answers were long winded. The interviews with the politicians felt like campaign ads. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I listen to Dr. Dirt on the weekends. There is so much repeat information, it get's tiresome. I think you could edge in the legal/training aspect of recent gun news, and take caller opinions/questions on those topics. Then dedicate some air time to local politicians who support us for interviews. At the end, just for filler, hit a hot topic that you find on any gun forum (can a cop stop you just for carrying, etc.) with the goal of educating the masses while not opening yourself to "this guy on the radio said it was ok" and take a few calls on that subject.

If you want airtime and advertisers, you need listeners. What can you do to get them and keep them, and what can you do to prevent losing them?

I think there would be plenty of topics that could be discussed every week. There seems to be a new politician trying something new every week. Also there is the world of trainers and he could have guest trainers come on the show. I believe there to be a lot of topics that he could cover and it would last a while if Guy is only doing it once a week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks like nothing came to be with this as a chance for regular programing?
    I tuned in this afternoon and one show had Abdul subbing, another is playing a rerun... :xmad:

BaseDeltaZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    South Bend
    There is always the option to do a weekly podcast. I know we had a pilot show that was going to center around law on the network awhile back but we dropped the idea. There are to many different state laws that vary greatly to be giving legal advice to a nationwide audience.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    There is always the option to do a weekly podcast. I know we had a pilot show that was going to center around law on the network awhile back but we dropped the idea. There are too many different state laws that vary greatly to be giving legal advice to a nationwide audience.
    You raise a very good point - and one of the reasons that I have always cautioned people not to put too much reliance on what they read from "national" legal experts in the area of self-defense (e.g., Mas Ayoob - a non-lawyer). I'm not picking on Mas - I've read his book, I've met him personally and I've attended his lectures - but he tends to make broad statements that may or not be accurate in individual states.

Guy

Top Bottom