• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rambone, I don't think you're really an anarchist. I believe you have a utopian view of this country that will never be reality. A lot of "well this is how it should be in an ideal world." Theory is great, but where does it take us? That doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to improve our lot, but a dash of reality would be helpful.
    Actually, Rambones view is that of someone who'd like to have the Constitution and Declaration of Independence followed. That's hardly Utopian. Maybe it's not realistic, anymore, to want a government that's reined in by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Doesn't mean he should just STFU and move on to republicrat land.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    It sounds as if you may have read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers.

I like you philosophy and I'd like to see out world return to that way of living and governing. I won't be holding my breath but push on !!!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Don't make the mistake of equating anarchy to chaos. They're not equal. No rulers doesn't mean no rules.
    I agree, they are not the same. Chaos is probably a better choice of words in this situation. I got caught up in the "anarchy" theme.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It is probably close in Mexico after the recent extorsion threats made against teachers. Imagine a gang contacting HR at your employer and demanding the personal information of all the employees and not even fearing reprisal.

That is the petri dish of anarchy to watch in our lifetime. They are way beyond the pirates in Somalia.

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that Mexico, with a corrupt government and police force, is an example of anarchy?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    It sounds as if you may have read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers.

I like you philosophy and I'd like to see out world return to that way of living and governing. I won't be holding my breath but push on !!!

Just because things have gotten so far out of whack, is it wrong to strive for what you want? If my daughter wanted to be a Pro Football player, should I tell her no just try and be a cheerleader? Nope I am going to tell her to follow her heart, she may not have a chance but she should try. The prevailing attitude is what gets frogs cooked.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually, Rambones view is that of someone who'd like to have the Constitution and Declaration of Independence followed. That's hardly Utopian. Maybe it's not realistic, anymore, to want a government that's reined in by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Doesn't mean he should just STFU and move on to republicrat land.

Unfortunately, there are many who aren't satisfied merely worrying about themselves. They extend that worry to the lives of others. They're elitists who think that without their help, you and I wouldn't survive. There are examples of this at all levels of government every day with the multitudes of codes, regulations, and laws on the books.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You mistook me for someone who gives a damn. Here is a quarter, call someone who cares. Oops, with anarchy pay phones won't be working.

He mistook you? You logged into INGO, went to General Politics, clicked on Rambone's thread, read it, clicked "post reply" and wrote a reply saying he mistook you for someone who gives a damn. HAHAHA!

Are pay phones owned by the government? Why would pay phones specifically go down during "anarchy"? Who "gives a damn" about pay phones anyway? I'm intrigued as to why you went with pay phones as the anarchy scare tactic. I can't tell you the last time I saw or needed one. Maybe we're already living in anarchy? :eek:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You can see a thread was started by the person you have blocked and the title of that thread. Instead of the content you get this..........
    "This message is hidden because (blocked poster) is on your ignore list."

So you clicked on a thread you knew you couldn't read?

I have some blank video tapes, if you're in the mood to watch a good six hour movie. ;)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I am glad our founding fathers did not take this position...

Rambone, I don't think you're really an anarchist. I believe you have a utopian view of this country that will never be reality. A lot of "well this is how it should be in an ideal world." Theory is great, but where does it take us? That doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to improve our lot, but a dash of reality would be helpful.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Don't make the mistake of equating anarchy to chaos. They're not equal. No rulers doesn't mean no rules.

It means if I can kick your ass, I get to make whatever rules I like until someone that can kick my ass comes along. It may not mean that when you're high as a kite in the dorm room pretending to be intellectual and deep, but that's how it shakes out in the real world.

Top Bottom