• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It means if I can kick your ass, I get to make whatever rules I like until someone that can kick my ass comes along. It may not mean that when you're high as a kite in the dorm room pretending to be intellectual and deep, but that's how it shakes out in the real world.

There's always someone making the rules and threatening to kick your ass. That doesn't change.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I am glad our founding fathers did not take this position...

They had a realistic view and made it as such.

EDIT: I agree with the OP that rambone has posted here. However, after reading most of the threads he has started, I don't feel like his posting history supports the OP. He seems far more concerned with wild conspiracy theories and outrageously misleading thread titles that are completely unsupported by the articles linked. If all of the crazy things he's posted here are his way of supporting the beliefs he espoused in the OP, he sure has a funny way of showing it. Why not just say it like he did in this thread than to post dozens of links to misrepresented stories?

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It means if I can kick your ass, I get to make whatever rules I like until someone that can kick my ass comes along. It may not mean that when you're high as a kite in the dorm room pretending to be intellectual and deep, but that's how it shakes out in the real world.
    No, that's not what it means at all. As you'd know if you knew anything about anarchistic philosophy and it's schools. If you tried to kick my ass, I'd be well within my rights to shoot you dead, just as I am with the current system. In other systems my security folks might just shoot you for me or convince you of the error of your ways. I'd suggest you actually study up on the subject, but I figure that won't happen. You apparently already know it all.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    No, that's not what it means at all. As you'd know if you knew anything about anarchistic philosophy and it's schools. If you tried to kick my ass, I'd be well within my rights to shoot you dead, just as I am with the current system. In other systems my security folks might just shoot you for me or convince you of the error of your ways. I'd suggest you actually study up on the subject, but I figure that won't happen. You apparently already know it all.

My security people are bigger, better armed, and better trained, and have already ambushed your security people and taken them out. I make the rules. ;)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm confused. Are you trying to say that Mexico, with a corrupt government and police force, is an example of anarchy?
    No, I am saying when a gang is willing to extort the Govt you have something major going on. Remember, teachers work for the Govt so when the gang threatens the entire educational system, they are telling the govt to F'off, this is no mans land

The gangs are organized, motivated and of course well armed. Civil war, anarchy, what comes next?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Anyplace in particular you'd suggest to look? In my mind, anarchy relies on people wanting to leave each other alone, and be left alone. That completely goes against human nature. So, I'm assuming my understanding of the ideas of anarchy are not quite that simple.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I take this to mean you didn't do any of the studying that he recommended.

Take it however you'd like. But you'd be wrong. ;) Just because I don't buy the nonsense doesn't mean I haven't studied up on it.

Whether it's Marx's Classless Society or Anarchist's rulerless society, it's all variations on the same pseudo-intellectual utopian claptrap that sounds really cool on paper but doesn't actually work when you introduce people into the equation. And considering they're systems for structuring peoples' interactions, that's a fatal flaw.

Such a system can't exist, and if implemented quickly devolves into the local warlord arrangement found in any number of third world poop-holes.

The "it could work if only we had the right people" argument didn't hold water with communism, and doesn't here.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anyplace in particular you'd suggest to look? In my mind, anarchy relies on people wanting to leave each other alone, and be left alone. That completely goes against human nature. So, I'm assuming my understanding of the ideas of anarchy are not quite that simple.
    You could look online for the works of many of them. Mikhail Bakunin, Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Thoreau, Proudhon, Albert J. Nock, Murray Rothbard and others have works available free online in many formats. Then there are authors from the various schools of thought on the matter, Claire Wolfe, L. Neil Smith, J. Neil Schulman and others, too. At it's simplest it is just leaving folks alone to live their own lives in peace. And, I contend that it's not contrary to human nature. The vast majority of us do it every day, it's only a depraved few that do otherwise, and they can be culled or corralled, just as they are today. The majority of people in the world are decent people looking to be left alone and not wishing to be victims of aggression.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow... Perhaps all of us should make our own thread about ourselves. We can see who has the most sycophants police the thread for us. Whoever has the most, wins.

images

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    lol, you practice anarchism everyday yet pretend on an anonymous forum that it's all psycho-babble for the over-educated hippies. You really crack me up:):

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Here goes you are an anarchist anarchist anarchist anarchist anarchist. That's five times in one second.

Rambone I do get where you are coming from even with some of the more off the wall titles and posts.

There are only 2 things that will fix this country.
    1) Take away the voting rights of those that get something for nothing
    2) Those that get something for nothing out vote everyone else and the SHTF because it just will not support itself.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Here goes you are an anarchist anarchist anarchist anarchist anarchist. That's five times in one second.

Rambone I do get where you are coming from even with some of the more off the wall titles and posts.

There are only 2 things that will fix this country.
    1) Take away the voting rights of those that get something for nothing
    2) Those that get something for nothing out vote everyone else and the SHTF because it just will not support itself.

I'm thinking more along the lines of #2 :ar15:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    EDIT: I agree with the OP that rambone has posted here. However, after reading most of the threads he has started, I don't feel like his posting history supports the OP. He seems far more concerned with wild conspiracy theories and outrageously misleading thread titles that are completely unsupported by the articles linked. If all of the crazy things he's posted here are his way of supporting the beliefs he espoused in the OP, he sure has a funny way of showing it. Why not just say it like he did in this thread than to post dozens of links to misrepresented stories?

This is a smart response, and I thought it's something worth thinking about. My sense from reading INGO on and off (I actually have a life, and I don't live in my mom's basement) is that though Rambone falls prey to conspiratorial thinking occasionally, he may not be doing it more frequently than any of us, and certainly no more frequently than many political pundits on left or on the right.

What is conspiracy theory? The belief that important social, political, or economic events are due to the efforts of a covert group which the conspiracy theorist wants to expose to the public. Usually the truth test for a theory is whether it fits the political leanings, personal fears, etc. of the theorist. The verification process is often biased, incomplete, and selective. I think Rambone's distrust of strong central authority has led him to scrutinize certain events very closely as potential examples of Big Government pulling a fast one on us. This is no crazier than what Glenn Beck or any of the other TV hosts does every show. The difference is that they have a different target (the left, the right, whatever).

For the record, I disagree with some key elements of of his position, but he is articulate and pure in motive, that I feel talking with him is productive. The same cannot be said of the sort of posts that make no attempt at laying out a logical argument, and jump right to condemnation and expression of personal opinions. An argument is not an election where you vote yes or no. It's a Thunderdome where your champion, in the guise of your words, fight others. So I appeal to INGO posters, unless you're a wise man who can say all that needs to be said in one sentence, you need multiple paragraphs. Size matters. Just ask your woman.

Da Bing

Top Bottom