• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Just my 2 cents, as someone that was out of work for 18 months, I wouldn't even think of doing anything that could get me fired. I'd go the pepper spray route, I have a key chain canister that's only about 1 1/2" long and doesn't even look like a pepper spray. Not long range, but if someone wanted to get up close & personal I could ruin his day.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    In most cases, management sucks and employees are disposable. If you make an official complaint to some corporate boot lick, they will just pass it back down to the plant manager and he/she will thump the shift foreman and we all know how **** rolls down hill. It's a broken system and it's everywhere. I would take my chances with the riffraff hanging out by the workers entrance. He doesn't sign your paycheck.

Seriously though, call the cops and ask not to be identified upon the patrol officers arrival. You can call the non-emergency desk at the city/county/township, etc. which is better than 911 unless it warrants such a call. We used to call it the Desk Sgt. or something like that. They probably call it Customer Service now days. :rolleyes:

Now go back to work and be a good robot. That's the way they like it. Bad robots have to be re-programmed and those corporate pricks don't like the associated expense. It affects their bonus don't ya know ???!!!!!!

I was going to say "corporate nazis" but didn't want to stir up things. :):

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    How safe is your job? Meaning if you were to go to management and complain about the lack of safety, would your job be in jeopardy? If some of the females were to bring up the subject, they would jump on the problem in a heartbeat. They would not want to see one of their female employees being assaulted knowing the problem existed.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    This just really pi**es me off. If the dude is not an employee or outside contractor with official business he is trespassing. Period. PM me and I'll call your negligent, assh**le management and tell them they better get this fixed NOW.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    You're lucky you can legally have it in the parking lot with the new Laws on the books. Utility Employees and Power Employees and D.O.C. can't even have them in their cars. That's even with the passage of the laws.

Just to clarify these enitities are exempt from the protections of the parking lot laws but it doesn't make it illegal to carry at a utility.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Be careful. Be careful. A LOT of companies consider pepper spray a weapon.
    Try a long shanked screwdriver.
    Call the police. That's why they make the big bucks.

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    From what i gather, you cannot just go get another job. Nor can you afford to lose this one. Union is of little help. All this being the case I would recommend that you not carry anything that could be considered a weapon. Nothing. Your employer is required by law to provide you with a safe environment in which to work. Therefore, a paper trail must be established. Otherwise, if you use a weapon with no paper trail, I would guess you would be terminated with no benefits offered. I recommend calling the police, then it gets documented. Then if it happens again, find a co-worker with same concerns and have them call police the second time. That way, two employees, two calls to police, same problem, shows a pattern, and verifies that management didn't do anything about it when you called. This way they cannot say it is just one employee that has a problem.

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    Ridiculous plain and simple. Might not be a bad idea to ask about getting security or running it yourself. MickeyBlueEyes has a point with the pepperspray. Watch those coldsteel vids. That crap is ruthless.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Consider the notion of vicarious liability on the part of your supervisors. Document when you spoke with them about this problem, who you spoke with, etc. That would include your shop steward or union representative.

When (and certainly hopefully not) the SHTF, afterward, call an attorney, and then your shop steward. If you have a "paper trail", i.e. a list of memos, notes, letters, or other documentable official communication about this concern, the lack or "intentional indifference" is going to cost either $$$ or the hiring of private security, or a beefing up of your physical plant to deny unauthorized entries by the public.

It is BS that the police were not called. The way you described the situation is a clear cut case of tresspassing, to say the least.

Top Bottom