• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Folks here seem to overlook the classics. Try a little Plutarch, Suetonius, and Herodotus. Sophocles and Aeschylus have a lot of insight into the human character. There is an entire library of excellent reading by their colleagues from the ancient world.

the great greek playwrights

These are probably the top ten. Excellent reading on a cold winter night, after the cows are milked and fed, the supper dishes washed, and guns cleaned. Just put your feet out toward fire and settle in for a comfortable, peaceful evening with some great minds.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    About ten years ago Baen Publishing was giving a free CD with many of their best books with any book purchase. These CDs were freely distributed and not copy protected at all. Baen encouraged people to make copies and give them away to friends.

The Fifth Emperium website collected the CDs and with permission from Baen, made them available over the Internet for free downloading to anyone who wanted a copy.

There are hundreds of some of the best in military science fiction and fantasy books and series freely available. The books come in a variety of formats for easy picking and reading.

I cannot overstate the quality of reading here. Baen put their best books/authors on these CDs. Most of the series are complete, even ones with four or five books in them.

Lots of poster here have referenced Weber, Ringo, Flint and others. They are all well represented here with many books each.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I agree with many if not most of the above selections, some are new to me and added tomy list.

William Forschen (sp) wrote One Day After and the sequel One Year After and I enjoyed them. the author acknowledged the influence of the older novel Alas, Babylon. I just learned that the third book in the series is out, titled The Last Day.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    About ten years ago Baen Publishing was giving a free CD with many of their best books with any book purchase. These CDs were freely distributed and not copy protected at all. Baen encouraged people to make copies and give them away to friends.

The Fifth Emperium website collected the CDs and with permission from Baen, made them available over the Internet for free downloading to anyone who wanted a copy.

There are hundreds of some of the best in military science fiction and fantasy books and series freely available. The books come in a variety of formats for easy picking and reading.

I cannot overstate the quality of reading here. Baen put their best books/authors on these CDs. Most of the series are complete, even ones with four or five books in them.

Lots of poster here have referenced Weber, Ringo, Flint and others. They are all well represented here with many books each.

Thanks for posting this, there are a lot of good books available there!

Top Bottom