Recently retired IMPD Officer victim of robbery, shoots suspect, possible lesson

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Exactly. Im not condoning a wholesale manhunt for every criminal in the country, but if you see someone committing a crime, and you cannot safely put lead into their cranial cavity until they are finished committing the crime, and no longer a threat, I see no reason that a law abiding citizen (or officer) cannot wait until it is safer, and more convenient for them to engage. They do not give us the courtesy of waiting for the most convenient time to commit the crime, why should we have to react within a narrow window without fear of legal persecution?

So let's just say someone shoots at you. Runs out of ammo, drops the gun, holds up their hands.............. and YOU believe you should be able to walk up to them an pop one in them correct? :@ya:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Too bad it's not up to you. Petition your reps not to support it. I'll petition mine to support it. It's time to be able to use deadly force in defense of property. The criminals are out of hand. Is my toaster worth your life?

The dust bunnies in my house are more valuable than the life of some scumbag who wants to violate the sanctity of my castle, steal my possessions, and scare the crap out of me and my kids. If my dogs don't finish the job, I should be able to.

So let's just say someone shoots at you. Runs out of ammo, drops the gun, holds up their hands.............. and YOU believe you should be able to walk up to them an pop one in them correct? :@ya:
    Why does the ******* running out of ammo change anything?

The legal limitations of self defense are the result of panty-waisted ninnies who think all people are equally deserving to draw breath.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We should begin to petition for a change in the law that allows anyone to use deadly force to not only stop a felony in progress, but to stop a criminal from fleeing the scene of a felony. It would certainly make the officers jobs a bit easier, and quite possibly give criminals something to think about when every day citizens are given a free pass to start offing the dirtbags no matter what point of the crime they are able to put holes in them. Quit giving criminals an out, and they wont be able to take one.

It used to be that way until fairly recently in our history, at least from the LEO angle. Then SCOTUS decided that violated the 4th.

Tennessee v. Garner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom