• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Not very well known, but I fully whole-heartedly recommend the Bersa Thunder 9mm Pro Ultra Compact. Very reliable and shootable. DA/SA with decocker/safety. 13 round mags. A little on the bigger/heavier side for a compact, but shoots real well. It's my everyday carry piece.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have a Glock 19 which is tankproof and would highly recommend it to anyone. I would rather get a gun that would last me a lifetime than a 300 gun that may have some issues or may last a lifetime.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Some will say XD'S some will say glocks (same as hi points) but you have to go with what feels right to you and I think it will prob be an XD

Did you really just compare a high point to a glock? Thats like kicking a guy in the nuts, pokeing him in the eye, and biteing his ear off at the same time!!! just wrong man!!!!

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Lots of great choices have been mentioned but in my experience, you simply cannot underestimate the comfort of single stack 9mm guns. The Walther PPS or Taurus 709 slim are great polymer options but for rock solid reliability and comfort, I would at least take a look at the Smith and Wesson single stack 9mm guns like the S&W 3913, 3914 or 908. Light, thin and comfortable enough to be carried IWB all day even in the summer with no print.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I have to say that I really like my Glock 19, and am considering a Glock 26. The 19 is a little larger frame than the sub-compacts (kel tec, LCP, etc.) but it fits the hand nicely, allows a solid two-hand grip, and is reliable.

tzgunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I carry a Springfield XDm with a 3.8" barrel, and couldn't be happier. One nice bonus with this weapon is the included paddle holster. I use it when I OC, and have another for carrying concealed.

That said, its still a medium-sized weapon. If you want something really small, the Taurus single-stack 9mm's aren't a bad way to go.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    What's wrong with carrying a Kel-Tec P-11 or PF-9? Both are excellent compact 9mm's. Simple, no safeties and strictly a SD weapon. I have never experienced any problem with them or in carrying them.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    If you're still looking at 9mm compacts, don't overlook the Taurus24/7 cds. some say the trigger pull is too long, but I have no problems going back and forth from my Xd9 sc to my wifes 24/7 cds 9mm. (I like em both! :):) and they are both double stack compacts! The Taurus feels somewhat lighter, but otherwise there is very little difference.

Top Bottom