• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I bought a Daltech no buckle belt and it appears to be a great belt. The only issue I have with it is it's to big, but if I keep going the way I am I should fit in it by next year.

If you already have a little fluff around the middle, IWB carry, and go +4" to your pant size when ordering the belt, it will be too big. I ordered mine the same size as my pants and OWB carry with it without issue. IWB is too tight, so I stick with my leather Duluth Trading Lifetime belt. Expect that I'll get another Bio within the next year for IWB.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just ordered a BioBelt. INGO $5 discount works. Will review when it comes.

Been wearing my DalTech BioBelt for a bit now and I have to say, for a sub $50 belt it's amazing. This thing is stiff, but not too stiff. When you take your jeans off, and lay them on the bed with the belt still in them, the belt holds them up, but when wearing it is still comfortable.

It has made a world of difference with my OWB holsters.

One not about sizing. I don't know if it is true with the standard sizes, but I ordered a "big boy" belt 2 sizes larger than my pants, and it was too big. It wasn't worth the hassle returning it, so I took my dremel to it and drilled a few new holes. That being said, I should have ordered one size bigger at the most.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase and can recommend it without reservations.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the Wilderness Operators belt.

Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt Nylon

I can easily believe no one mentioned them.

At one time, that was a great belt. The version with the polymer insert was fantastic. At some point they started using different materials. When I ordered a new belt in smaller size (after wearing two of them for year), the new version was clearly flimsier than what they used to sell and not stiff enough to hold my gear. When I contacted them to question it, not only did they deny that it was possible that it was any different, but the woman with whom I communicated several times was rude and condescending.

I had my old belt and the new belt in my hands when I was talking to her and they were clearly different. I asked her specifically if they changed materials or method of construction and she denied that it was even possible several times. Eventually she made up a story that older belts were too stiff and now they make them right.

The current version of the belt does not suit my needs and I won't do business with them based on my interaction with that woman. There are other belts on the market that are superior to what the Wilderness makes now (unless they went back to the original materials and construction since my problem with them). The Daltech Force BioBelt is one of them and it's a pleasure conducting business with Daltech.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The biobelts are awesome. We started stocking them in fort wayne and most people have never heard of them. Normally after a week or so though people come back raving about them.

I cant recommend them enough.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    I just got a belt from Slidebelts. They are a ratchet style and are adjustable in 1/4" increments. It's actually pretty sweet. You can get leather or canvas. I just for the cheapest leather one but I'm going to get a few more colors. The buckle is interchangeable for when the belt wears out and saves you some cash.
    https://www.slidebelts.com

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Beltman: My experience, nice belt. But the lead part is cut too short, even with correct measurements. For the money, I would never buy again.

5.11: Their dress belt that is re-enforced: 1st one lasted 2 years (worn every day at work), 2nd one failed and pealed within 1 year. On the 3rd one now; It is probably going on 3 years old. Great belts overall and not too bad for $50

Uncle Mikes Instructor: Great belt for the money, for carry purposes.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Daltech belts are very nice, I have the Rough Cut one and the Bison belt. Both are meaty and worth what they charge for them.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    +2 for the Alien Gear belt! Double layer with a steel stiffener insert, roller buckle.

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I use CrossBreed gun belt for my casual wear daily carry. Belts are sturdy giving a solid platform to support a full size weapon and comfortable to wear. Three colors to choose from and you can get 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch width. I went with the wider because I carry full size. Be ware, some holster clips are tight fit on the wider length so look at that if you're considering it. Customer service is great and the website is easy to navigate. CrossBreed Holsters | Concealed Carry Holsters | Gun Holsters

Beltman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2016
    USA
    Beltman: My experience, nice belt. But the lead part is cut too short, even with correct measurements. For the money, I would never buy again.

Hey Sporter, I hope you don't mind if I respond to your comment. But we've gotten a rash of questions recently about the length of the "lead part" (tip) on our belts and I think some of those concerns may be based on this post. Beltman gun belts have a center-fit-hole-to-tip distance of 6-1/4". So if the belt was ordered correctly, it should fit properly with the prong in the center fit-hole, and you should have 6-1/4" of tip coming out of the buckle. But our belts are handmade, so it's possible that we screwed up and cut the tip incorrectly on yours. If that is the case, please PM me and we will replace it for you.

And as a side note, over the past few months we've purchased belts from nearly all of the big-name leather gun belt manufacturers on the market (nice to keep up with what the competition's doing) and they all have very similar center-fit-hole-to-tip distance, give or take about 1/2". In fact several brands have EXACTLY the same tip length as Beltman belts, and since those brands came to market several years after the Beltman, I'll consider that a form of flattery. :cool: And the "BIG" competitor that came stomping into the market a few months ago has tips that are a full 1/2" shorter than ours. So if anyone has concerns about the tip length on our belts, I can assure you that they are pretty much standard for a leather gun belt.

Top Bottom