• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I agree it is a great show. I was really surprised that the AR gas tube got hot enough to turn cherry red...700 + degrees... after 300 rounds! Wrapping the barrel/gas tube with copper tubing and running water through it for cooling was a darn good idea.

They come up with some cool gun projects and they do like to shoot and blow things up.
    In boot camp. USMC, 1977-1978, we turned a LOT of gas tubes, RED, during full auto, night fire, you could see the glow, through, the OLD A-1 handguards, vent in the top .....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I once saw a waitress in Texas whose teeth moved when she talked. It was terrifying yet I could not look away.

I thought that kind of dental work was called "Summer Teeth", some are there, some are not???:dunno:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Interesting show with some cool ingenuity. It is also nice to see such a politically incorrect show that you know makes those sorry a-- liberals freak out. I have a hard time understanding some of their customers thinking though. But hey it is TV.

I bet that boss is a bear to work for.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I love the show, I know its not perfect but most shows like that are going to have that. I'm a car guy and see it all the time on different car based shows. I think they do it to reach a broader audience.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    I watch the show but mute the sound when Will and Steph talk. His exagerated DI attitude turns me off. But a gun show always is interesting. The producer must be the same as Pawn Stars. Same format and they also have a Chumley.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Seems to me they come up with a lot of solutions for problems that no sane person has.
    All scripted BS IMHO but it does have some comedic relief at times.. It also appears that they are all taking their turn at "Chumlee's" role. Better to have 6 Chumlee's than 1. As far as the gas tube turning red. I wonder if they are aware of piston guns? And yes, I would imagine that the barrel is "toast" after the gas tube got that hot.
    Laughing all the way to the bank, Maybe?. Building their business, I doubt it.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Had a saiga from them. Never ran right....

I think they make junk.....I watch it for the novelty of their productions.Wouldnt count on it for anything more than a toy...

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    These guys are trully idiots in my opinion. They take conduit tibes and make rocket launchers out of them. They have no clue where these "highly explosive" rockets are going to go. Then the episode with the 1919 they tried to imply that they manufactured the barrel shroud and other parts. They were aftermarket parts purchused from TNW. Then seriously the Maxium that he said was worth $150000 get real. I enjoy watching it but they need to stick to krinks and saiga 12s. wills daughter is annoying chris is a retard and the others are not very bright. Seems like a poor choice to get americans interested in our hobby and sport that is already under a government radar. They never even explain that it takes special licensing to do the things they do and it makes people think we can do that in our garage. Just my .02

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I think the one that really got me mad was when a “customer mistakenly” sent in a Koraynovich AK, and they get everybody in the shop to stand around and talk about how bad it is. Their shop seems to have UTG crap all over the place.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sheesh folks, as ealier stated, it's just entertainment... it has the hook to pique your intrest, the annoyment to keep you PO'd, and the bizarre to make you scratch your head and ask... huh? Just like hundreds of shows just like them. It is only a soap opera with a firearms theme. And it works!!! You can find threads just like this one on about any firearm forum you go to. They are getting exposure and again, as earlier stated, they are cashing in....and I find it entertaining:)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    4 pages so far of negative and positive remarks, and that's just here. I think the show is doing just what it is supposed to! ;)

Oh, and yes, I'm waiting for Playboy. Hubba! :)

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    This is not from the TV show, this is from their website.

Here is what they are charging for corning the market:

Our Services

If you can dream it, we can build it!
    So don't limit your imagination to what's listed here!

(as long as its legal, and doesn't look ridiculous)
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Shipping:

Shipping charges with insurance for Long Arm is $45.00. All rifles and shotguns are shipped from RJF in a hard case,

please send rifles boxed securely. We cannot guarantee the return of your personal case.

RJF Depost Policy:

All deposits are NON-refundable, but may be applied toward RJF gear or products.

AR-15 Services

Upper Reciever Combat Reliability Package - $250.00

Includes:

-Ream chamber to true 5.56 & polish feed ramps

- Install Milspec or Mcfarland gas rings

- Install Milspec extractor, Wolff extractor spring, black milspec extractor buffer, O-ring, and tune extractor engagement :rolleyes:

- Polish ejector
    24.gif

- Install Milspec firing pin, cam pin, and firing pin retaining pin- Dry Moly lube internals

- Full repaint with KG Industries GunKote :rolleyes:

Individual AR-15 services

Thread barrel to 1/2x28 - $75.00

Cut and crown barrel, thread to 1/2x28 - $100.00

Assemble Lower - $75.00

Assemble Upper - $85.00

Assemble Full Firearm - $150.00

Smooth/Polish GI Trigger - $65.00

Proper M-4 Counterweight Buffer Installed - $75.00
    icon_eek.gif

Ream chamber to true 5.56 NATO - $75.00

Cut standard upper for M-4 Ramps - $65.00

CENTURY REBUILD PACKAGE - $250.00 - Fully inspected for proper riveting and headspacing - FCG replaced with smooth and tuned G2 - Machine marks removed from bolt and carrier - Receiver tuned, rails planed and smoothed - Sight assembly/gas block aligned - Complete refinish with KG Industries GunKote 2401 -

For hi-cap mag conversion to WASR's +$50.00

Saiga Conversions

(Converting your Saiga shotguns/rifles from "sporterized" configurations to pistol grip, assault type configurations)

Front end left original, old fire control grou holes welded , accepts hi-cap mags , 922 compliant with G-2 fire control group. Price includes all parts and full refinish with Gunkote

S-12 or Rifle : Basic Pistol grip/Hi-cap conversion $350.00

Conversion to type : AKM 74 or 100 series

Non-folding stock - $650.00

Folding stock - $850.00

For more intensive conversions and custom work , please call for quote . Also , compare what you want to our listed models on our "Firearms " page , subtract $500.00 for your supplied S-12 , $330.00 for your supplied rifle .

Kit Builds - All kit builds include -

(Building a rifle from your supplied parts kit)

Complete Refinishing with KG Industries GunKote

and return shipping.

ALL Red Jacket products and services are covered by our UNLIMITED 5 year warranty

( as long as the tank tracks are crossways, instead of lengthwise, you are covered! )

STANDARD STOCK Kit Build - $325 with ALL customer supplied parts

Underfold/Sidefold Kit Build - $350 with all customer supplied parts

Virgin kits - +$100 to listed build price

Individual Services available

Refinish w/ Gunkote $200.00

Piccatinny installed over Rear Sight Block [ 4 in.] $125.00

Piccatinny installed full length over Rear Sight Block & gastube [10 in] $175.00

Upswept charging handle , $75.00

H&K G3 sights installed $125.00

Threading barrel . With guide [for flash hider or brake] $65.00

On lathe , $125.00

So why does the combat reliability package not include staking the gas key and castle nut, two things that are done to mil-spec rifles. When did repainting something make it more reliable?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I like it because it's so politically incorrect! I'm surprised there hasen't been an outcry to take it off the air. What other show is completely dedicated to firearms, explosives, etc. Top Shot is too much like Survivor IMHO.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I didnt think too much of the show at first. But when he restored a flamethrower for that congressional medal of honor winner for free well he kinda earned a free pass with me ! :patriot:

Top Bottom