• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I didnt think too much of the show at first. But when he restored a flamethrower for that congressional medal of honor winner for free well he kinda earned a free pass with me ! :patriot:

That was another one that seemed overly scripted to me. He just happened to run into a congressional medal of honor winner? I don't think so.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I had an NFA question about the show:
    Isn't it illegal to build full auto weapons? I thought that no machine guns were allowed that weren't registered before 1986. How do they get by with it?

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I had an NFA question about the show:
    Isn't it illegal to build full auto weapons? I thought that no machine guns were allowed that weren't registered before 1986. How do they get by with it?

Dealer samples, or Law enforcement sales only.

Yet, he says at the start & end of the show " Don't do this at home, you will get caught you will go to jail".

I hope he is talking about full auto only, because there is a lot of home builders out there building bolt & semi-autos for there own use that is totaly legal. Why else would the BATF set rules for the home builder to go by.:dunno:

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I meant the full-otto weapons and the sawed off shotgun. He called it a "leopard gun". Isn't that also illegal for anyone to do? It obviously had a stock on it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I meant the full-otto weapons and the sawed off shotgun. He called it a "leopard gun". Isn't that also illegal for anyone to do? It obviously had a stock on it.

Depends on the state is my understanding, big no-no in Indiana, other states I'm sure is ok depending on their laws (not familiar with laws in other states, I just know SBS are not allowed in Indiana, and since that did have a stock, it doesn't get by as an AOW)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Do I watch the show? Yes.

Find it entertaining? Yes.

Take these special ops/military leaders/ tactical guys serious or think they are real? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Etnertaining to watch (in fact just watched 3 or 4 episodes on my DVR), but as mentioned, its a tv show, of course crap is made up.

The dual mounted M-16's was an "ok" idea... Neccessary? No, there are better ways (different guns) that would be more sufficient for this particular need.

-MColford

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Yea was kind of sad to see them do a copy of a really really cool concept that magpul perfected the first time around.

Also can we write the producers a letter and tell them to quit packing every target with a brick of C4 when they shoot at them with an ak or 223?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yea was kind of sad to see them do a copy of a really really cool concept that magpul perfected the first time around.

Also can we write the producers a letter and tell them to quit packing every target with a brick of C4 when they shoot at them with an ak or 223?

No kidding, outhouses dont explode when hit with a cannon ball. Nor do wooden targets when hit with a machine gun!

-MColford

Coltguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Sons of Guns tv show

I like the show, I just don't like how some of it is put on to make the show. What they do in their shop is quit cool. Rock on Sons of Guns!!!:rockwoot:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My favorite comedy this season...

Agree!!! After seeing some of these guys trying to weld an fabricate I wouldn't let them anywhere near my guns, or buy anything from there. I have another name for the show thats better suited....but don't want bad rep so won't say it.....lol.....the daughter is hot, an I really liked the show with the WWII Medal of Honor Vet.....very good.....

Top Bottom