• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hey all, I'm here, been busy - dad's in the hospital, I popped my back yesterday morn, and I got be the domestic chauffeur this morning as well - SUVs and bad backs don't mix :n00b:!

Side match is next month - splater gun fer sure, looking at throughing in some slugs, but mostly bird shot #4, #6, etc.

Hope today went well, weather was excellent for this! :rockwoot:

Steve

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Yep, and Redbaron forgot all about this today. Remembered it around noon. Ole lady said she remembered, but the kids had a Christmas parade this morning so she didn't say anything!! :rolleyes: Women!!! :dunno:

I wondered where you were and I almost called last night to see if you were shooting today.

What?!?!?! :):

I had to break down and buy a van. I couldnt fit all of my tools in my truck and they were getting wet so now its two gas bills:(

What makes it really bad is no windows in the back! I need some free candy stickers!

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    No talk about the shoot?

I should have just stayed there this morning. I waited at the house for a client to call all day and they never did:(

I saw where they were setting courses through the mud so I guess some of you guys ended up pretty muddy:):

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No talk about the shoot?

I should have just stayed there this morning. I waited at the house for a client to call all day and they never did:(

I saw where they were setting courses through the mud so I guess some of you guys ended up pretty muddy:):

I think we're waiting for the scores to come in so we can start trash talking:laugh:

Sorry things didn't work out today- maybe next month it will all come together for you.

And yes, some bays were pretty sloshy. That I could live with- it was the pumpkin mess getting everywhere that got to me.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was an incredible day! Weather was beautiful and the company was great and our squad kept up the streak of being the last ones finished but the coolest and prettiest squad out there :D

Good course design; the house was a challenge as always and the mud and splattered pumpkins made it interesting! I think everybody had one stage that gave them fits so it all probably came out even in the end.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I was surprised the pumpkins werent picked up after the pumpkin shoot. Even a bushog would chop them up and get them out of the way faster.

After talking to Greg jr I dont think I have IDPA legal equipment right now anyway. I will read the rulebook and buy what I need this month so I can come out and shoot.

For the clip holder is there an advantage to any material over another? leather, plastic, kydex?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    After talking to Greg jr I dont think I have IDPA legal equipment right now anyway.

:): Some of us just don't care about such trivial things as rules- race belts, race holsters, race pistols- whatever, bring it:rockwoot:

My favorite part of the pumpkin junk was having the steel plates on the star slip out of my hands due to that junk. Animals.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I was waiting for the scores before I drug my pastor through the mud so to speak...

I'm wounded, man. A two year IDPA vet in ESP wanting to pounce on a guy with 5 total IDPA matches under his belt and only 200 rounds through his M&P? And his first run in ESP? That's brutal!

The spread at the multigun was over 100 points. If you beat me by that margin today, I will give props.:D

Just playin- you ran a great match! In fact, I thought everyone on our squad did really well. :yesway: Courses were great, weather was great, squad was great- just a good time all around! I think I'm starting to get the "feel" of these competitions and seeing what I'm doing wrong and what I need to work on.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    After talking to Greg jr I dont think I have IDPA legal equipment right now anyway. I will read the rulebook and buy what I need this month so I can come out and shoot.

Any good organization, and our IDPA club represents one, want to have shooters show up and try it out. The only thing you need is to be safe and after you get a match or two under belt THEN you can start worrying about what is allowed! LOL :D Just come as you are and we'll worry about gear later!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Whitch makes me wonder if I should buy a new holster also. I have a Crossbreed supertuck right now. I could guess the OWB holster would be better.

Is there a go to holster you guys like? I am talking 1911 stuff here:rockwoot:

For IDPA, I would definitely get something OWB unless you can very easily holster IWB repeated over many times. As to specific holsters, probably a good and affordable "starter" would be a fobus.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was surprised the pumpkins werent picked up after the pumpkin shoot. Even a bushog would chop them up and get them out of the way faster.

For the clip holder is there an advantage to any material over another? leather, plastic, kydex?

I'm pretty sure the pumpkins were from losers who used the range and didn't pick up after themselves.

Also, they don't allow M1 Garands in IDPA so you don't need a clip holder. Most people call those bandoliers anyway.
    :):

I prefer Kydex but I'm settling for plastic until I can get some made.

Top Bottom