• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Yep. I don't re-holster until the squads are on-scene unless I KNOW the entire area is 'clear'. By 'entire area', I mean anything that is within my range of perview, which could be from several feet to several hundred yards, depending on the circumstances.

That's 'my' zone, and I command it at that point up until a 'superior command' arrives.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Our range drills into us, "quick to draw, slow to re-holster." Take your time, break your tunnel vision, check on either side of you and check your 6 real quick before re-holstering. It's not a new concept.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've seen more than a few guys in classes reholster like their gun was red hot. Usually while looking at the instructor for approval. I guess they get caught up in trying to be "fast" at everything.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've seen more than a few guys in classes reholster like their gun was red hot. Usually while looking at the instructor for approval. I guess they get caught up in trying to be "fast" at everything.

I think this is one of the SD issues that competition screws up. The first time I went to a tactical class I continually fought the urge to clear, show clear, hammer down, re holster every time I finished my string. At that time it (match protocol) was the training I had mastered and I reverted to it. I've since changed the way I approach matches. I try to be a combat shooter at a match instead of a competition shooter that hopes an encounter will be a quick draw contest. The hardest part of that is overcoming the tendency to want to win a match at the expense of an opportunity to train.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Even in competition, there is no prize for the fastest unloading and reholstering job.

Putting a gun into a holster should always be deliberate (both in terms of demeanor as well as intent) and controlled, regardless of the venue.

Top Bottom